Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Green Onions....the "Purple" flavor

Tonysounds

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think that's Jon's moded organ with the RMI built in and the Ring modulator also of legend, originally Christine McVee's . . .

Not 100% sure if it's the 'legend' C3 or not but it sounds amazingly good, noticed it right away in the opening phrases.

Intense rock organ sound. Not sure that whole sound is stock, does it have some RMI blended in? :cheers: Thanks T.

----------------------------------------------------------------

that Leslie is definatly not stock - found this:

(this was for his Marshall days)

"He used a C3 for live though, I think he added a 1/4 line out output to it and then plugged a guitar cable to it and then ran it to it"

"He used a direct line out with a RMI electric piano built into the C3 cabinet and lots of other changes, likely Bill Beer style effect loops etc, to get the Machine Head era sound,"

"How did Lord modify his B3 to play through a Marshal stack?

older Deep Purple was pretty much straight Hammond and Leslie if you listen, much mellower stuff "

"He used a direct line out with a RMI electric piano built into the C3 cabinet and lots of other changes, likely Bill Beer style effect loops etc, to get the Machine Head era sound, older Deep Purple was pretty much straight Hammond and Leslie if you listen, much mellower stuff................."

"And when Ian Gillan and Roger Glover were sacked and replaced by David Coverdale and Glenn Hughes (MkIII), he started using leslies again, even through the reformation of MkII (Perfect Strangers, House of Blue light etc.) In the Mk III and MK IV period I believe he used gutted and supermodded leslie's, powered by Crown amps (not sure, I believe I read that somewhere). I am not sure what he used during the Perfect strangers and on era... But he definitely used leslies in that period."

CP-50, YC 73,  FP-80, PX5-S, NE-5d61, Kurzweil SP6, XK-3, CX-3, Hammond XK-3, Yamaha YUX Upright, '66 B3/Leslie 145/122

I have the album he did with The Hoocie Coochie Men. He at one point does "Chicken Shack" and identifies Jimmy Smith as a hero of his.

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

Archived