Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Solina V from Arturia

Dana.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FWIW, Solina V is modeled, whereas, for example, VSM, Stringer, UVI String Machines, Hollow Sun, and Sampletekk are sampled. According to what I've read, it's impossible for samples to accurately recreate the divide-down technology that the Solina uses. Loomer, Strings Dream, and Amber are modeled, though they're not specifically modeled after the Solina.

FWIW, Solina V is modeled, whereas, for example, VSM, Stringer, UVI String Machines, Hollow Sun, and Sampletekk are sampled. According to what I've read, it's impossible for samples to accurately recreate the divide-down technology that the Solina uses. Loomer, Strings Dream, and Amber are modeled, though they're not specifically modeled after the Solina.

I´m using "Stringer" and it sounds good for every playback/song out there.

WOK has a modelled emulation too and since a long time:

WOK Chromina

little sister ...

WOK Estrima

Full Bucket Music has great modelled freeware string synths ...

FBM Nabla (KORG Delta)

FBM Deputy (ARP Omni/Quadra type)

All for PC though.

A.C.

interesting topic. I'll check out the free demo (probably next week) when I have some time to spare.

:nopity:

... I forgot how cool the disco/Floyd/Santana machine was.

Let's not forget the single note sustaining string in just about every Styx song too! :laugh:

Please, please...can I forget?

Nord Stage 3 88, Korg Kronos 2 61, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S1, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman

Archived