Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Katie Perry for the Superbowl Halftime

Cthulhu Fhtagn

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Eh. She has some catchy, if somewhat disposable, pop tunes. Could be worse. I've only been inspired to watch three of the last ten halftime shows. This will make it three of eleven. I'm sure the wife and daughters will watch. I'll spend halftime in my private reading room.
Push the button Frank.

Do the people who pick the half-time entertainers actually watch football and know who the fans are?

I've resolved that for that 15 minutes of my life I'm going to do something else instead.

"Tours widely in the southwestern tip of Kentucky"

Eh. I find myself caring less and less about the NFL these days. The domestic abuse scandal really cast the league in a poor light. Then the NFL wanted to charge the artists who were considered for the halftime show.

The only part of me that has any interest in the Super Bowl broadcast is the fact that I work in broadcasting, and it's the single most watched live event every year. So from a business standpoint I have some measure of interest. But that's really where it ends.

Obligatory Social Media Link

"My concern is, and I have to, uh, check with my accountant, that this might bump me into a higher, uh, tax..."

Does it really matter? Even on the occasion that there is someone I would like to see it's far from good. I don't necessarily blame the "artist" for that either, it's the situation. If I do watch the halftime show I am usually hoping for the most fabulous disaster that doesn't actually injure someone.

To be honest, I'd rather watch a 15 minute documentary on how all the people involved pulled off the show logistically. Setting up, tearing down and one of the most watched performances of the year in such a short amount of time is impressive on it's own.

If you think my playing is bad, you should hear me sing!

It screws up the players a bit too. They've played their whole lives with a 15 minute halftime, they have their routines, they're all warmed up. Now you ask them to pretty much sit there for an extra 15-20 minutes they don't like it. But alas, the Super Bowl isn't really about football and football players anymore, not to the league office at least.
Push the button Frank.

http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/tt232/kenfxj/Egirls_zpsd05ab5bb.jpg

Ouch. Hey, we were in the SB in '05. And the halftime entertainment in that game was provided by __________________?

"Everyone wants to change the world, but no one thinks of changing themselves." Leo Tolstoy

But alas, the Super Bowl isn't really about football and football players anymore, not to the league office at least.

I have pretty much quit watching football. I prefer hockey.

Football hasn't been about football for a long time. The NFL exists to facilitate fantasy leagues.

I love football. The NFL is filled with almost super human talent. I'm a fan. But like most others here, couldn't care less about this superbowl half-time. There will be no other games that day high lighted at half-time. No Strahan, Bradshaw, Long or Dungy.

There will be just another bubble gum pop machine pushing pop.

Ouch. Hey, we were in the SB in '05. And the halftime entertainment in that game was provided by _______?

Sorry bro, couldn't resist. I live in Central Jersey and have a lot of friends who are Eagle fans. The chop busting just comes naturally. At least we're not fans of the God forsaken Cowboys.

So peace.

http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/tt232/kenfxj/GiantsRingsSoFar.jpg

Oh crap, sorry. We just keep tripping over these things...

Push the button Frank.

Ouch. Hey, we were in the SB in '05. And the halftime entertainment in that game was provided by __________________?

We Lions fans are still waiting. :(

Lydian mode? The only mode I know has the words "pie ala" in front of it.

http://www.myspace.com/theeldoradosband

... and the Eagles were in Super Bowl XV in 1981 vs. the Raiders. I'll take crap from the Giants fans - they've won something in the last 10 years. Won't mention any names, but ...

- Last appearance in a Super Bowl? 1995

- Number of play off appearances since? Seven

- Number of play off wins? Two

- Fans immediately start counting rings in a conversation? - First

I'll let you guess on that.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Well, the Stones one year, the Chili Peppers another year, and Bruno Mars another year aren't bubble gum pop bands.

And Sting. Don't forget Sting. The Stingmeister rocked it.

I stopped watching football about a year or two before the concussion syndrome thing first hit the news after I attended a continuing education class on MRI's, brain trauma, and M.S. It was a "stunning" lecture; I remember it like it was yesterday.

Things are just the way they are, and they're only going to get worse.

... and the Eagles were in Super Bowl XV in 1981 vs. the Raiders. I'll take crap from the Giants fans - they've won something in the last 10 years. Won't mention any names, but ...

- Last appearance in a Super Bowl? 1995

- Number of play off appearances since? Seven

- Number of play off wins? Two

- Fans immediately start counting rings in a conversation? - First

I'll let you guess on that.

The media like to make it that the BIG rivalries are Eagles-Giants and Cowboys-Redskins but the truth is fans in Washington, Philly and New York all hate the Cowboys more than each others' teams.

Push the button Frank.

Archived