Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Guitar Rig 5 in Forte - Anybody Using - Suggestions?

CaptainUnderpant

So I am trying to use Guitar Rig 5 to get more guitar sounds and I am not sure how to exactly do it.

It seems like Guitar Rig is NOT an instrument but an effect. So I need to add Guitar Rig to the effects chain of an instrument. But what instrument should I use? If I use a piano, I can hear the underlying tone of the piano. Not necessarily bad. Maybe a Rhodes sound as the starting point, or even a Clavinet sounds more like a guitar as a starting point.

Then there are 8,000 Guitar Rig presents and to my untrained ear, 5,000 of them sound the same, oversaturated and overpowering. I don't really know how to implement this idea.

Is there anybody out there that is successfully using Guitar Rig live?

Yamaha S90XS, Studiologic VMk-161 Organ

Small/powerful (i7, 32GB, M.2 SSD) PC controlled by 10" Touch Screen

Cantabile, Ravenscroft 275, Keyscape, OPX-II, Omnisphere 2, VB3, Chris Hein Horns, etc.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello. I use it all the time.

I use it as an effect with RealLPC ( electric guitar simulator ) as the instrument.

I use guitar rig 4 though not guitar rig 5.

There is a known issue with guitar rig 5 and Forte which I don't think has ever been fixed.

I have also used it as an effect with Minimonsta.

There are two issues, which lead me to believe hat it may be buggy. I get a loud high pitched noise that comes through every now and then. Then I just have to turn it off and restart. Other times it seems like I get some static in the back ground.

Not really sure if it just operator error or what?

RealLPC - Hmmmmmm........? I have looked at this product. So you use just the LPC and add Guitar Rig to it to give you a lot of variety. Otherwise you are spending about $199 three of four times, for the variety of products they have.

Yamaha S90XS, Studiologic VMk-161 Organ

Small/powerful (i7, 32GB, M.2 SSD) PC controlled by 10" Touch Screen

Cantabile, Ravenscroft 275, Keyscape, OPX-II, Omnisphere 2, VB3, Chris Hein Horns, etc.

That sounds like the known issue. Guitar rig 4 works fine though - very stable.

The issue with GR5 has been reported on the Brainspawn forums but never been addressed as far as I know.

Amplitube 3 is an option and works fine also.

The LPC / GR4 combo gives a very realistic guitar sound if you ever need to cover guitar parts.

GR4 also has some decent effects that work with keys, like delay, reverb, chorus etc, although there are some better options for that if you don't need a guitar-centric amp sim.

Overloud also makes a keyboard effects package which works well with Forte.

Archived