Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

O.T. Trackers...

miden

I found this interesting, not sure if anyone else will :D

Up until this morning I used a chrome extension DoNotTrackMe to block tracking bots etc. Now, it reported on average about 4 trackers each time I visited the forum.

I hunted for a new one after DNTM started to continually post this popup about its new name Blur!!! I found one called RealMe whihc is far less intrusive AND it shows not 4 but 18, yes 18 active trackers on the forum site.

Anyhoo just thought I'd mention it :D

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every advertising company uses their own tracker. I've set up web monitoring at work and it is amazing how much bandwidth advertising and tracking software take. Google Ads not only track that you go to a page, they track how long you stay on that page and what you click on.

We get a lot of use out of Malwarebytes.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Yeah I have read that Malwarebytes is pretty good. thanks for the info on your tracking although it does not surprise that these trackers eat into bandwidth...there are just those times when you KNOW your ISP should be quicker, but for whatever reason (although now I think we have a good idea ;) ) it is just "laggy".

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

I've used Malwarebytes several times and it's pretty good. I just use the free download version.

Gigs: Nord 5D 73, Kurz PC4-7 & SP4-7, Hammond SK1, Yamaha MX88 & P121, Numa Compact 2x, Casio CGP700, QSC K12, Yamaha DBR10, JBL515xt(2). Alto TS310(2)

Archived