Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Oh, happy happy joy joy

Michele C.

Dear fellows and long time friends, I am writing this to share with you the joy of being able to go through this chord progression alive and well. I cannot believe I am listening to myself playing along with this.

I have che chord charts and the melody, since I am playing in a class with the author and this is an other thing that makes me want to pat my own back.

Well, just saying. Just when I was thinking to give up.

Here is the spotify Url of the track

-- Michele Costabile (http://proxybar.net)

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At present, I am trying not to lose my harmony in this song. It has distinctive turn points that should be underlined conveniently, while the melody is elusive, mostly on hexatonal scales, but in the end I can sing it (and this too makes me proud).

This composer (Claudio Fasoli) plays sax and has published a great number of records. A lot of it is on Spotify. I think most of his production can be labeled extended modal. His chord progressions step out of the legacy and melody is always present with written obbligato parts. In other words, it's modern jazz, but with roots.

I am soloing on this theme at home :-) when I rehearse. I said it before, I feel melody very strongly and sometimes lose hold of my groove, not what you would expect from a bass player, but I will try to make that a feature :-)

One other thing that is difficult to overcome is that all these bandleaders use mostly the double bass and finding a place for the electric bass is more difficult: there is always the choice between imitating and differing and it takes sound and personality to find a different place in the same place.

-- Michele Costabile (http://proxybar.net)

Archived