Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Sheet music search

skipclone 1

Hey folks-

A few days ago I posted a video on FB, of piano luminary Joe Sample who passed away this year. The video was the song he did with Take 6 from his album `Spelllbound`, called `U Turn`. I have gotten totally tangled up with this song and would love to try an acoustic arrangement, but I can`t find the score anywhere. If anyone has a lead on where to get the lead sheet *v* I`d be much obliged.

Here`s the video:

[video:youtube]

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Skip,

You could try JKLutherie.com.

In addition, if you enter "sheet music" into your browser, a whole bunch of stores come up.

One final thought, I don't know if this applies to sheet music, but the Library of Congress gets a copy of everything published. I interacted with them back in the nineties regarding some business lists and they were very helpful.

If you play cool, you are cool.

Thanks guys. I can ask about ordering it but doing it from Japan might be prohibitive. Worth checking.

Fred the L of C does have copies but they are for reference, e.g. patent and copyright. Maybe not available for download. I have songs on file as well. Anyway I`ll check that website, thanks.

Thanks guys. I can ask about ordering it but doing it from Japan might be prohibitive. Worth checking.

Fred the L of C does have copies but they are for reference, e.g. patent and copyright. Maybe not available for download. I have songs on file as well. Anyway I`ll check that website, thanks.

Skip,

I had mentioned that we interacted with the LOC back in the 90's. We sent a guy down to DC from PA and he printed out some business lists worth hundreds of dollars, absolutely free of charge. It was kinda' funny because when he left, they asked him to "bring his own paper next time". They were very helpful and it didn't cost us a dime. It's free to ask and "if you don't ask, you don't get."

If you play cool, you are cool.

Well I sure hope no one is showing up and walking away with copies of my music!

Anyway I tried a search, I found a sound recording but no manuscripts. I wonder if there`s a music book compilation out there maybe? I`ll look at Amazon.

http://www.sheetmusicplus.com/title/when-your-life-was-low-digital-sheet-music/19483532 <--- this is the closest I could come by sheet music for Joe Sample. Not a bad song but not what you're looking for Skip...+1 it is a good site for purchasing sheet music... :cool:

<--- he wrote it for Bette Midler...

<--- here's a better version with him and Lalah Hathaway...

Take care, Larryz

Archived