Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Korg Module for iPad (Ivory option)

burningbusch

I do not see how I could switch between Galileo and Module in a song without cranking down the volume of Module and then bringing in Galileo. Any good workarounds ?

I have yet to figure out how to do it (but truth be told I have yet to spend the time with it) but an app called imidipatchbay can apparently route incoming midi data to various audio apps to effectively set up a split in your ipad. Looking into the features and tutorials, it seems that the software was mostly conceived to set up splits / layers / zones and complex routing in the master keyboards, yet there are scattered forum posts here and there about people using it to simultaneously run two or more ipad apps with different key ranges.

Nord Stage 2 Compact, Yamaha MODX8

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I used my M-audio UNO usb to midi device that I was haven notes stick and not sound when connected to my Yamaha P70, but it worked fine with my Nord Electro 2

The Uno has known compatibility issues with Yamaha keyboards. Any other interface should work fine.

I still can not understand why there is no option to select midi channels for output. I do not see how I could switch between Galileo and Module in a song without cranking down the volume of Module and then bringing in Galileo. Any good workarounds ?

I don't know the settings on those apps off-hand, but they should have options to select MIDI channels for input... no setting for output channel because, well, the apps don't output any MIDI, so I'm not sure how you're thinking that would work. But the idea is that you could choose to be triggering one app or the other by changing what MIDI channel your keyboard is sending on. The problem in this case is that you happen to be using keyboards that aren't designed with MIDI controller features. But if you were using a Nord Stage, or Yamaha CP/Motif/MOX/MOXF of some type, or any Korg or Kurzweil workstation, or Casio PX5s, for some examples, it would work easily. Since your keyboards don't support MIDI channel switching in their presets or on-the-fly, an app like iMidiPatchbay would probably do the trick.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Just tried this on my iPad 2. The latency is just enough to put me off and choosing anything lower then the default brings in clicks and pops a real shame really.

The acoustic piano is really too much for my iPad2. The polyphony is maybe a dozen notes and lower latency settings don't work. The other instruments seem to work fine for me at 256 buffer setting which is certainly playable, though I haven't tried every patch.

In Geekbench scores the iPad2 multicore averages 492 while the iPad Air 2 averages 4527. It's going to be tough to build better and better music apps if the expectation is they should run something with 1/10th the processing power of the current model.

Busch.

In Geekbench scores the iPad2 multicore averages 492 while the iPad Air 2 averages 4527. It's going to be tough to build better and better music apps if the expectation is they should run something with 1/10th the processing power of the current model.

As I understand it, Apple does insist that apps run on older models (up to a point)... however they don't insist that they run *well*. So there's nothing to stop someone from coming out with an app that runs with low latency and high polyphony on a new model, while having barely usable latency and polyphony on an older model. In a way, that's kind of a best of both worlds for Apple... they can boast about backward compatibility and not leaving users behind, while providing those users with apps that make it more and more tempting to upgrade to a new model!

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

I do not see how I could switch between Galileo and Module in a song without cranking down the volume of Module and then bringing in Galileo. Any good workarounds ?

I have yet to figure out how to do it (but truth be told I have yet to spend the time with it) but an app called imidipatchbay can apparently route incoming midi data to various audio apps to effectively set up a split in your ipad. Looking into the features and tutorials, it seems that the software was mostly conceived to set up splits / layers / zones and complex routing in the master keyboards, yet there are scattered forum posts here and there about people using it to simultaneously run two or more ipad apps with different key ranges.

That's one option. Audiobus' state-saving/presets IAP might also be worth a look:

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2014/04/audiobus-2-chain-multi-channel-presets-ios-audio-routing-tool/

I'm going to go out on a limb here. What I tried was having Galileo open and then module open at the same time. You can double-tap your home button and flip between the two apps pretty seamlessly that way. You guys are probably going to get tired of me saying this but it sure would be nice if Apple came out with a version of MainStage for the iPad. Then you could set your iPad apps up the way you wanted and save the whole things as a song. I don't know what is holding them back from doing this. I see all these people using MacBook Pros and MainStage in their worship bands all the time. I use a PC laptop and Cantabile but it sure would be less hassle/more dependable with the iPad me thinks!

Hardware:
Yamaha
: MODX7 | Korg: Kronos 88, Wavestate | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe | Roland: Jupiter-Xm, Cloud Pro, TD-9K V-Drums | Alesis: StrikePad Pro|
Behringer: Crave, Poly D, XR-18, RX1602 | CPS: SpaceStation SSv2 | 
Controllers: ROLI RISE 49 | Arturia KeyLab Essentials 88, KeyLab 61, MiniLab | M-Audio KeyStation 88 & 49 | Akai EWI USB |
Novation LaunchPad Mini, |
Guitars & Such: Line 6 Variax, Helix LT, POD X3 Live, Martin Acoustic, DG Strat Copy, LP Sunburst Copy, Natural Tele Copy|
Squier Precision 5-String Bass | Mandolin | Banjo | Ukulele

Software:
Recording
: MacBook Pro | Mac Mini | Logic Pro X | Mainstage | Cubase Pro 12 | Ableton Live 11 | Monitors: M-Audio BX8 | Presonus Eris 3.5BT Monitors | Slate Digital VSX Headphones & ML-1 Mic | Behringer XR-18 & RX1602 Mixers | Beyerdynamics DT-770 & DT-240
Arturia: V-Collection 9 | Native Instruments: Komplete 1 Standard | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian | Korg: Legacy Collection 4 | Roland: Cloud Pro | GForce: Most all of their plugins | u-he: Diva, Hive 2, Repro, Zebra Legacy | AAS: Most of their VSTs |
IK Multimedia: SampleTank 4 Max, Sonik Synth, MODO Drums & Bass | Cherry Audio: Most of their VSTs |

Just tried this on my iPad 2. The latency is just enough to put me off and choosing anything lower then the default brings in clicks and pops a real shame really.

The acoustic piano is really too much for my iPad2. The polyphony is maybe a dozen notes and lower latency settings don't work. The other instruments seem to work fine for me at 256 buffer setting which is certainly playable, though I haven't tried every patch.

Busch.

Yeah its a pity but I think I got a good run out of my iPad2

Saying that I don't really feel the need to upgrade either the virtual instruments I have are pretty good on the iPad2 just the sample based ones suffer although Sampletank is pretty solid.

I only played with Module's organs very briefly, but I felt that the Leslie sim was pretty good...arguably more authentic than Galileo's, 'out of the box', although I appreciate that the dedicated Leslie sim in Galileo is far more flexible/tweakable.

Cheers,

James

x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.

That's one option. Audiobus' state-saving/presets IAP might also be worth a look:

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2014/04/audiobus-2-chain-multi-channel-presets-ios-audio-routing-tool/

GovernorSilver,

I already own Audiobus (basic, not multi routing). The basic chain seems to be input->effect->output. Even with multiple routings, I don't see how that would help me arrange a multi-app split, unless I would route all outputs (after buying the add-on multi routing) to an ipad-based DAW which did the split for me, but I can't even think of any DAWS like that offhand.

GovernorSilver,

I already own Audiobus (basic, not multi routing). The basic chain seems to be input->effect->output. Even with multiple routings, I don't see how that would help me arrange a multi-app split, unless I would route all outputs (after buying the add-on multi routing) to an ipad-based DAW which did the split for me, but I can't even think of any DAWS like that offhand.

Will answer my own question after some additional googling. Apps like MidiBridge and MidiFlow seem ideal for this purpose.

I've yet to commit purchasing Module because of latency concerns with iPad2. The recent posts confirm that a newer iPad is required to fully enjoy the app. Soooo I deleted a bunch of unused stuff this weekend making room to reinstall the 1.7 GB base sounds of CMP. I am very picky about layency where 10ms is distracting but still playable, 15ms is annoying and not fun, and 20ms+ is unbearable. 5ms or less is where I like to be. CMP has three settings: 5, 11, and 23. My poor little iPad2 struggles with 5ms setting, but turning down the app's volume to 25-35% with the Jazz Piano and 38-42% with the Grand Piano seems to eliminate most of the artifacts of an overtaxed CPU and there's still plenty of headroom with the mixer to get the sound balanced in the PA. I spent most of Sunday afternoon tweaking the levels, internal app reverb, and velocity mapping in CMP and dialed in that Grand Piano patch to the best it can be. There is no user prest memory, only velocity presets can be stored, so one must remember the volume setting. It does appear the reverb retains last used params even on a restart of the app. It's only AC Piano, but perhaps a contender for a quality instrument on iOS?

I used my M-audio UNO usb to midi device that I was haven notes stick and not sound when connected to my Yamaha P70, but it worked fine with my Nord Electro 2

The Uno has known compatibility issues with Yamaha keyboards. Any other interface should work fine.

I still can not understand why there is no option to select midi channels for output. I do not see how I could switch between Galileo and Module in a song without cranking down the volume of Module and then bringing in Galileo. Any good workarounds ?

I don't know the settings on those apps off-hand, but they should have options to select MIDI channels for input... no setting for output channel because, well, the apps don't output any MIDI, so I'm not sure how you're thinking that would work. But the idea is that you could choose to be triggering one app or the other by changing what MIDI channel your keyboard is sending on. The problem in this case is that you happen to be using keyboards that aren't designed with MIDI controller features. But if you were using a Nord Stage, or Yamaha CP/Motif/MOX/MOXF of some type, or any Korg or Kurzweil workstation, or Casio PX5s, for some examples, it would work easily. Since your keyboards don't support MIDI channel switching in their presets or on-the-fly, an app like iMidiPatchbay would probably do the trick.

Sorry Anotherscott, I wrote outputs when I should have written inputs. I do know that other controllers would be better equipped for MIDI applications, but to the best of my knowledge the Module app only runs in Omni mode at all times.

Thanks for the feedback regarding the UNO and Yamahas. I need to invest in a more up to date interface for standard MIDI I/O 's, but I may just pick up a controller with Usb MIDI. It works great with my KRONOS over Usb.

Bill

Nord Stage 3 Compact, Korg Kronos 61, Casio PX-5S, Yamaha DXR 10 (2)), Neo Vent, Yamaha MG82cx mixer and too many stands to name.

to the best of my knowledge the Module app only runs in Omni mode at all times.

Bummer. Same problem as GarageBand. There is actually a way to "channelize" it so it responds to just one channel... you use the MIDIBridge app and the original Line 6 Midi Mobilizer (the first version, not the version that is CoreMIDI compatible). You can only do this with one app (so, for example, Module or GarageBand, but not both at once), but this does let you use one of these apps in combination with other more cooperative apps. I don't know whether iMidiPatchbay supports the same trick.

It's actually kind of good news that everything other than piano works passably well on the iPad 2. Although the app does run on every iPad that iOS 8 runs on (which I think Apple requires of their developers, and covers every iPad except the first one), Korg actually recommends models no older than 4th generation full size , or 2nd mini.

https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/articles/203436104-Which-models-of-iPad-does-it-work-with-

One more thought about this... I see in the docs that one of the global settings (accessed via the iPad's main Settings app) is "Network MIDI" - I wonder if there's some option there that might provide another route to more flexibility. Anyway, it's probably worth downloading at least the free version of iMidiPatchbay just to see if there's some way to get that to work here.

Bummer. Same problem as GarageBand. There is actually a way to "channelize" it so it responds to just one channel... you use the MIDIBridge app and the original Line 6 Midi Mobilizer (the first version, not the version that is CoreMIDI compatible). You can only do this with one app (so, for example, Module or GarageBand, but not both at once), but this does let you use one of these apps in combination with other more cooperative apps. I don't know whether iMidiPatchbay supports the same trick.

Thanks Anotherscott for your suggestion of using MIDIBridge with the first Line 6 Mobilizer. Looks like the original is pretty cheap on Amazon. Is the setup for doing this in the MIDIBridge documentation?

I too saw the Network MIDI setting in Module but was unsure what this was used for. I did not see a free version of iMIDIPatchbay in the App Store though.

Bill

Nord Stage 3 Compact, Korg Kronos 61, Casio PX-5S, Yamaha DXR 10 (2)), Neo Vent, Yamaha MG82cx mixer and too many stands to name.

Thanks Anotherscott for your suggestion of using MIDIBridge with the first Line 6 Mobilizer. Looks like the original is pretty cheap on Amazon. Is the setup for doing this in the MIDIBridge documentation?

I think basically it just works the same way as the rest of MIDIBridge. You're just taking advantage of the fact that MIDIBridge recognizes input from an old style MIDI Mobilizer as a source... while GarageBand--and presumably Korg Module--don't. The old MM is simply the way you can get MIDI input into the iPad without these "omni" instruments automatically responding to it.

I too saw the Network MIDI setting in Module but was unsure what this was used for. I did not see a free version of iMIDIPatchbay in the App Store though.

Hmmm, yes, it seems that "iMIDIPatchbay Lite" is currently unavailable. :-(

GovernorSilver,

To switch between two different apps like Galileo and Module and also swithch level settings you might look into the state-saving and preset saving/recall feature of Audiobus. There is also an app called MiMix which basically tacks on a mixer to the multiple routes of Audiobus (if you have the multi-routing option). Galileo is supposed to support Audiobus state-saving as of 2.0 - not sure about Module.

First public appearance with the iPad as sound source:

Load in: right hand - QSC K10 in bag. Left shoulder - gig bag with Carbon 49 MIDI controller, cables, DI, iPad. Left hand - K&M 18880 stand, crossbar removed. 1 trip. Setup time 10 min or so.

Prep for iPad - fully charged, Airplane Mode, Lock Screen never come on. The iPad is a mini2 32 Gig, with about 7.5 G of space left on it.

This is the country, gospel, oldies band - an irregular set of folks, mostly older, mostly guitar, banjo, mandolin, fiddle, singers, acoustic bass, one drummer. Located at a local fire department, usually about 100 in audience. Most have been playing for decades, and many play multiple instruments. A decent PA system, some guitarists have amps.

The only app I used tonight was Korg Module, with added Wurly and Ivory. In the past, I've been carrying (I don't go every week) either PC361 or SK1, bag of cables and misc, stand, and K10, all on extended RockNRoller cart. This rig is MUCH easier to load in and out.

Patches used: Ivory, Wurly, some Rhodes, Organ, Clav - various patches among them. The touch screen interface works well for changing patches between songs.

I got there, setup, turned the iPad on (I had shut it down completely), checked operation and levels, shut it down. Turned it back on about 15 or 20 minutes before start time. We Played for about 2 and a quarter hours, and I powered off at the end. Battery remaining 61% - for close to 3 hours operation, with screen on most of the time (it still plays with screen off, but can't change patches unless there is some way using MIDI - I'm going for keep it simple).

It gets the job done well. Of course, not as versatile as the Kurzweil or Hammond (but I don't usually use more than 6 to 10 patches on either of them during the evening). The Hammond/Leslie is not as varsatile (I do have Galileo, but wanted simple), but it is good enough in this context. Other apps I have but didn't use include Garage Band, Animoog, and Alchemy.

The controller: This is a cheap controller, I got it for about $80 new (with NI Komplete Elements Mk 2 for my DAW included). It doesn't feel great, but if I want precision control, I'll use my PC361 or even PC3X for a controller (using it as an added sound source). What do they say, "good enough for rock n roll." Well, I wouldn't want to play Romantic era classical piano on it, but the light touch leaves me with no fatigue at all. (found a little extra thing I can do - I can use the on-screen keyboard on Module for a REALLY quick glissando). I realize I could have gotten a really good controller for about $350 to 400, but my PC361 IS a really good controller (a bit heavy, but over 1000 internal sounds).

Loaded out in 10 minutes. Back home, iPad is charging. K10 is in kitchen, will move it to shop tomorrow. Leaving gigbag and stand in home - I'll use this rig Sunday for my regular church gig (they are doing a Christmas play, I moved all my regular stuff (PC2 & PC3, Z-Stand, EON15G2, and UPS) out during the week.

I'm pleased. It works in real life for the several uses I have in mind: the Friday night jam, church when my regular stuff has to be moved, church when they do an outside the building event, choir festivals where we accompany the choir on just a couple of songs, any time that quick and easy are high on the priority list.

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

Great summary of a recent practical use for this app we've all been discussing, thanks MBK ! I am curious as to what organ program you used primarily?

There has been discussion of the performance of the Korg Module, in regards to latency, polyphony, pops/clicks, etc. (especially Ivory) on IPad 2 for instance. What Ipad generation are you using with this app loaded?

Kurzweil Forte 7, Mojo 61, Yamaha P-125,

Kronos X61, Nautilus 73

Aelison62,

I think MBK said he was using the iPad mini 2. I am using it on iPad Air.

MoodyBluesKeys,

Thanks for the report. It was very informative. I especially appreciated your feedback about the carbon. I having been looking at the Carbon 61, but wonder how you got by playing organ without being able to plug in an expression pedal. It seems that not many controllers have a volume or expression pedal input. Maybe the Keystation 88 models?

I realize I could have gotten a really good controller for about $350 to 400

The Graphite 49 is very nice at half that price.

wonder how you got by playing organ without being able to plug in an expression pedal. It seems that not many controllers have a volume or expression pedal input. Maybe the Keystation 88 models?

Unfortunately, while the Graphite has nice feeling keys, aftertouch, and 9 sliders for organ use, it does not have an expression pedal input. However, it's not a hard feature to find. Looking at Sweetwater, in 49-key models (like the Carbon and Graphite), it looks like most (maybe all?) of the models over $249 have it, like a dozen of them. If you want to spend less, the Roland A49 has it at $179. Many (most?) of the 49-key controllers come in 61-key versions... I assume if the 49-key version has it, so would the 61. Finding the 9 sliders for organ control is tougher than finding the expression pedal input.

@aelisson62: Primary organ patches used last night were Gospel Organ and the first Percussion Organ. I used the Tremelo Wurly a good bit. For piano, I used the Ivory Rock Piano.

Latency - Don't know how much, but it isn't enough to bother me in playing. Better than the first PC notebook that I used several years ago (Pentium 3 1Ghz).

I just found the Module Manual in PDF form, the link is:

Korg Module for iPad PDF file

According to it, I should have 64 voice polyphony on my iPad mini 2. Now I can figure out how to integrate Module into Korg's Gadget app.

@Scott: I would have likely purchased the Graphite controller, but it is close to Christmas and my budget at the moment was more friendly to the cheaper Carbon. When I need a first-class controller, I can carry the extra weight of my PC361, and have the 9 sliders, expression pedal, nicer feel, and all sorts of assignments. That is also why I went with 49 keys - minimum needed - works well with the octave shift buttons.

The only change I've made on the Carbon 49 is to set it up so that the volume control controls the Korg Module. At the moment, pitchwheel and modwheel don't do anything, neither does the single rotary knob. I'll address that later, last night was proof of concept (I'm doing some busy hours currently trying to re-invent my computer business to an under-served focus in my area AND to successfully implement social media to build my client base - and getting all the little things musical fine tunes isn't that high on the list).

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

@aelisson62: Primary organ patches used last night were Gospel Organ and the first Percussion Organ. I used the Tremelo Wurly a good bit. For piano, I used the Ivory Rock Piano.

Latency - Don't know how much, but it isn't enough to bother me in playing. Better than the first PC notebook that I used several years ago (Pentium 3 1Ghz).

I just found the Module Manual in PDF form, the link is:

Korg Module for iPad PDF file

According to it, I should have 64 voice polyphony on my iPad mini 2. Now I can figure out how to integrate Module into Korg's Gadget app.

@Scott: I would have likely purchased the Graphite controller, but it is close to Christmas and my budget at the moment was more friendly to the cheaper Carbon. When I need a first-class controller, I can carry the extra weight of my PC361, and have the 9 sliders, expression pedal, nicer feel, and all sorts of assignments. That is also why I went with 49 keys - minimum needed - works well with the octave shift buttons.

The only change I've made on the Carbon 49 is to set it up so that the volume control controls the Korg Module. At the moment, pitchwheel and modwheel don't do anything, neither does the single rotary knob. I'll address that later, last night was proof of concept (I'm doing some busy hours currently trying to re-invent my computer business to an under-served focus in my area AND to successfully implement social media to build my client base - and getting all the little things musical fine tunes isn't that high on the list).

Hi MBK, I was wondering where you placed your iPad during performance. Mic stand holder, etc.

FYI Module automatically appears in Gadget, with the various key categories getting their own Location title. Ivory incorporated into the piano category. Pretty cool stuff.

I've got an Axiom 49 but haven't had success hooking it up via USB power. Bought an AC adaptor but haven't had time to try it out.

I'm finding that my MOXF 6 is an almost perfect companion to the iPad Air, separate volume slider for the iPad (DAW) return. Simple enough to turn Local Control off and on for the Yamaha sounds, and one cable connection. The MOXF is only 15 pounds and you can stick the iPad in the gig bag pouch. Since the MOXF is a little weak in Organ and Synth sounds (no VA), the iPad soft synths complement it well. A Korg in a Yamaha! Galileo, Sunrizer, Animoog....

I haven't gigged with the iPad, just started gigging with the MOXF, so interested how you physically set up the iPad to access it securely and ergonomically.

My iPad is a mini2. It is in a Griffin Survivor case (because I carry it around on service calls, to protect it). I just laid it on the upper right part of the Carbon 49 controller. IF it were not in the case, the Carbon 49 has a slot designed to hold an iPad (where a music rack would usually sit). I did have to order a 1/8" phone plug to RCA adapter to get a really slim plug, because the case interfered with plugging in a normal plug.

The Carbon 49 is strictly USB bus powered, so it draws power through the Camera Connection Kit from the iPad (I would prefer if it had internal batteries like the eMu XBoard 61 that I used to have, but it doesn't. Seems strange, because there is an opening panel underneath just right for three AA batteries).

Jim

• 4 weeks later...

COMPLETELY USELESS FOR LIVE SETUP !

- I can't select MIDI Sources, as Midi Bridge to use it with splitted keys along with other apps

- Program Changes sent from my floorboard (for selecting presets in Midi Bridge) are also received by Module and the sounds are being switched, too.

- Can't transpose the whole instrument - it would be possible if I could select an individual Midi-Source - such as Midi Bridge to pitch the whole instrument.

- Can't even select a single Midi Channel - Module receives Midi on ALL Channels at one time - no way to use it along with other apps on a different channel to be able to "swap" between different apps while playing by changing the Midi Channel from my Keyboard.

All in all I am very dissapointed and angry because the name and the price made me exspect a highly professional instrument and now I must see that it is far beyond cheaper apps from singular developers - there is NO WAY to use it on my upcoming tour in February - I lost many hours of frustrating attempts today to get it implemented into my live setting where I want to use different synths as iMini, Thor,Animoog, Yonac Galileo Organ AND Module. It all works EXCEPT Module - the most expensive App from all.

They should do some seroius upgrade or tell us if they are planning to sell their own controller keyboard here. This is not what people with a professional background exspect when they read the name Korg ! Sorry for being harsh here, but it is so frustrating - really.

I am hopeful that there will be an app update to allow, at a minimum, setting Module to only respond to a single midi channel. I handle transpose with switches on the controller.

I do think I should contact Korg and ask for midi channel selection. May not get a response, but it is worth trying.

Welcome to KC, wish your first post was not the result of disappointment. I do have half a dozen apps for sound generation. Module & Ivory were most costly. My main rigs are hardware, and more versatile. However, I continue to be pleased with my iPad/Carbon micro rig, for the times I choose to use it.

Jim

COMPLETELY USELESS FOR LIVE SETUP !

- I can't select MIDI Sources, as Midi Bridge to use it with splitted keys along with other apps

- Program Changes sent from my floorboard (for selecting presets in Midi Bridge) are also received by Module and the sounds are being switched, too.

- Can't transpose the whole instrument - it would be possible if I could select an individual Midi-Source - such as Midi Bridge to pitch the whole instrument.

- Can't even select a single Midi Channel - Module receives Midi on ALL Channels at one time - no way to use it along with other apps on a different channel to be able to "swap" between different apps while playing by changing the Midi Channel from my Keyboard.

... there is NO WAY to use it on my upcoming tour in February - I lost many hours of frustrating attempts today to get it implemented into my live setting where I want to use different synths as iMini, Thor,Animoog, Yonac Galileo Organ AND Module. It all works EXCEPT Module -

If you really want to get it to work, you can probably do it by adding a 1st generation Line6 MIDI Mobilizer to your setup, as your MIDI-to-iPad interface.

Also picking up from an earlier post...

To expand on that... Since MIDIBridge can see that device, but (most) other apps can't, Module won't directly respond to the external input. You can then use MIDIBridge to selectively pass some of your MIDI input on through to be received by Module, using MB's "Filter" function to set it to pass the data only on a desired channel (to prevent other apps that respond to specific other channels from seeing that MIDI data as well, so *only* Module will see it). Then, as long as your other apps have their own "Virtual Inputs," MB can also directly send desired data to those apps in such a way that that data will not be seen by Module either. I think this is right...

Archived