Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT - What are you eating today?

RABid

Ramen noodles until I get some more gigs.

Oof. Smack ramen? Maruchan instant lunch?

Local grocer has Nissin Top Ramen... $0.37. Add a half a can of VegAll ($1/can), and a little hamburger or chicken, and you got a balanced meal for about $2.

...takes the sting out of the $10 bottle of wine that goes with it! ;)

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had some pasta with fresh mozzarella and greens for dinner. There's this great sauce that's almost a vinaigrette, full of garlic. Love it. Angling for some ice cream soonish. Caramilk. Mm.

You guys like garlic as much as I do?

(You're gonna have to like it a whole lot if you're gonna like it as much as me.)

Local grocer has Nissin Top Ramen... $0.37. Add a half a can of VegAll ($1/can), and a little hamburger or chicken, and you got a balanced meal for about $2.

What, no "Two-Buck Chuck"? You could be saving yourself $8!

Feels like an Arby's night.

I was invited to a fundraising dinner tonight. I'm looking forward to eating ham and potatoes and not being asked to play for free. :D

:D I'm like that with these Pretzel Bows quite often , love the things > http://www.alisonspantry.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Pretzel-Bows.jpg

(munch munch right now to tell you the truth :) )

Brett

Arby's was AWESOME. Chicken sliders and curly fries.

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-eatdrink020.gif

What, no "Two-Buck Chuck"? You could be saving yourself $8!

I used to have the occasional $40-$60 bottle of wine. I've managed to find a couple in the $10 range.....that's about as far as I can go! If I can't afford that, I'll do without!

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Wife put on Brunswick Stew in the crock pot. It's been simmering and filling the house with all sorts of aromas all day. Been dipping into it at lunch and again for dinner. Yummy! So glad she can cook, cause I absolutely suck at it.

Hardware:
Yamaha
: MODX7 | Korg: Kronos 88, Wavestate | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe | Roland: Jupiter-Xm, Cloud Pro, TD-9K V-Drums | Alesis: StrikePad Pro|
Behringer: Crave, Poly D, XR-18, RX1602 | CPS: SpaceStation SSv2 | 
Controllers: ROLI RISE 49 | Arturia KeyLab Essentials 88, KeyLab 61, MiniLab | M-Audio KeyStation 88 & 49 | Akai EWI USB |
Novation LaunchPad Mini, |
Guitars & Such: Line 6 Variax, Helix LT, POD X3 Live, Martin Acoustic, DG Strat Copy, LP Sunburst Copy, Natural Tele Copy|
Squier Precision 5-String Bass | Mandolin | Banjo | Ukulele

Software:
Recording
: MacBook Pro | Mac Mini | Logic Pro X | Mainstage | Cubase Pro 12 | Ableton Live 11 | Monitors: M-Audio BX8 | Presonus Eris 3.5BT Monitors | Slate Digital VSX Headphones & ML-1 Mic | Behringer XR-18 & RX1602 Mixers | Beyerdynamics DT-770 & DT-240
Arturia: V-Collection 9 | Native Instruments: Komplete 1 Standard | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian | Korg: Legacy Collection 4 | Roland: Cloud Pro | GForce: Most all of their plugins | u-he: Diva, Hive 2, Repro, Zebra Legacy | AAS: Most of their VSTs |
IK Multimedia: SampleTank 4 Max, Sonik Synth, MODO Drums & Bass | Cherry Audio: Most of their VSTs |

Cod tacos. They were awesome. Good with Amber-Bock beer. Second major food pleasure of the day; first was my usual cup o' takeout coffee w/homemade cookie du jour. The rest of the day was small snacks: a few graham crackers first thing, nuts later on. Always nuts; think I was a squirrel in a past life.

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

So putting aside any recent financial hardships...some of my favorite things to cook/eat:

Italian -

Chicken breast hammered thin and dusted in a seasoned flour, sautéed in olive oil, topped with a white wine reduction with garlic and sliced mushrooms, served with homemade linguini with a white garlic cream sauce (fresh chopped parsley, garlic, real butter, Parmesan, and cream), and steamed broccoli.

Mexican -

Skirt steak marinated with lime juice, cilantro, cumin, vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper, etc...grilled and sliced into thin strips across the grain. Red, yellow, and red bell peppers and onions sliced and sautéed in a fajita type seasoning, and Spanish rice made with sausage and fresh chopped tomatoes.

Ribeye steak grilled and topped with a red wine reduction and melted garlic butter, served with green beans with bacon, onion, and sliced almonds, and garlic mashed potatoes.

I've got a lot more. One of my favorites: thanksgiving meal. I used to host every year before my divorce. My stuffing.... BEST EVER!!!

Dan

Always nuts; think I was a squirrel in a past life.

I eat so much trail mix, it's not even funny. Always go for the Kirkland Signature with the M&Ms. It may be a little on the salty side, health-wise, but I don't really are at this point in my life. I used to eat 1-3 cups a day in first year. Scaled back a bit now, but still. Om nom nom.

I've also been doing a low carb thing for the past year. Since Feb 2012 I've lost 80lbs. I lost about 50 just doing portion control and exercising, then put some back on, and then started the low carb thing and dropped 25-30 more. I'm hovering around 200-205 now. Haven't really lost any the last few months but I'm not gaining. I find the low carb eating style to fit in well with the foods I like. Aside from craft beer, but I make room for that on the weekends... I occasionally miss pasta, pizza, etc, but otherwise, it's pretty easy to adapt to. I cut out all added sugar, soft drinks, fruit juices and anything high in sugar. My calories come from 60% fat, 30% protein, and 10% carbs. After 6 months eating like this, my cholesterol dropped 20 points and my triglycerides almost 100 points.

Typical day- couple cups of coffee with heavy cream (no sugar) for breakfast. Maybe a couple eggs and sausage.

Lunch- big salad with some chicken or tuna on top. Usually I'll poach a bunch of chicken breasts and have them all week to use.

Dinner- a big hunk of meat and a big serving of a veggie. Last night it was 12oz of baked cod and 10oz of broccoli sauted in coconut oil with some chile past and soy sauce. Tonight it's meatloaf as the meat. We eat a lot of chicken thighs with the skin on, and turkey thighs as well. Steaks every Sunday.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

Always nuts; think I was a squirrel in a past life.

I eat so much trail mix, it's not even funny. Always go for the Kirkland Signature with the M&Ms. It may be a little on the salty side, health-wise, but I don't really are at this point in my life. I used to eat 1-3 cups a day in first year. Scaled back a bit now, but still. Om nom nom.

I buy the large containers of Archer Farm raw mixed nuts at Target and then roast them my self. Melt butter in a skillet and mix in some olive oil. Coat the nuts and then add Lowery salt to taste and cyan pepper for some heat. Spread on a pan and into the oven at 250 for 20 minutes It is better than any pre-roasted you can buy.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

I love nuts but I am not supoosed to eat those or popcorn anymore because pieces could get caught in my plumbing and cause something called DiVenTrickUintoHellOfALotOfPain.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

I love nuts but I am not supoosed to eat those or popcorn anymore because pieces could get caught in my plumbing and cause something called DiVenTrickUintoHellOfALotOfPain.

My sister is going through that. It took 3 months and several trips to the emergency room for the doctors to realize what was happening to her. It has been hard for her to avoid nuts, seeds, popcorn and whole kernel corn. I'm learning to grind spices like celery seed and caraway seed.

Have been eating a rigorously low-carb diet for about a year and a half since my doc reported that my blood sugar was a little too high and put me in range of "borderline diabetes" (A1C 5.8). This just scared me and since then I have had extremely little pasta,rice,bread,cereal,desserts as much as I love and crave them all (still eat lots of fruit though, maybe sabotaging the whole thing, I dunno). Have replaced breakfast cereal with a single scrambled egg in the morning, and replaced sandwiches and wraps with salads and grilled chicken for lunch. So that's what I've had again today, just a banana for breakfast (wasn't time to make my egg) and Greek salad with grilled chicken for lunch. This all has made life completely suck but maybe it'll last longer! Has had the fringe benefit of losing 15 to 20 lbs. which looks better on stage and in pictures, although I wasn't really heavy before that either. The high blood sugar might be genetic, my grandfather had diabetes, so maybe my dietary changes won't affect it too much either way (it didn't between my last two checkups when I started doing this, same number both times even after I had cut all those carbs and lost the weight), going to ask about that at my next checkup, maybe I should ask for meds to manage it and be able to go back to eating a little less austerely. Way TMI here I guess, sorry!

Rich, maybe time to have a discussion with your Dr about insulin resistence. Also it takes time to adjust. If you have family history of Type 2 managing glucose intake is probably going to be a lifelong mission. The goal is to stop HBa1C going up.

A misguided plumber attempting to entertain | MainStage 3 | Axiom 61 2nd Gen | Pianoteq | B5 | XK3c | EV ZLX 12P

A small helping of crow. It was an honest mistake and I 'fessed up, so they let me put some ketchup on it.

"I like that rapper with the bullet in his nose!"
 "Yeah, Bulletnose! One sneeze and the whole place goes up!"
       ~ "King of the Hill"

Always nuts

It ain't a party without mixed nuts.

http://scontent-a.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xap1/t51.2885-15/10734987_581413811981741_700213949_n.jpg

As great as they are , a lot of people are a bit allergic to some of these - including myself.

Banana's are another tasty thing I love , but can't eat many of.

Cackle Berry on toast is my fave go-to healthy breakfast >

> http://recipes.blogscribble.com/files/egg-on-toast1.jpg

Brett

I've also been doing a low carb thing for the past year. Since Feb 2012 I've lost 80lbs. I lost about 50 just doing portion control and exercising, then put some back on, and then started the low carb thing and dropped 25-30 more. I'm hovering around 200-205 now. Haven't really lost any the last few months but I'm not gaining. I find the low carb eating style to fit in well with the foods I like. Aside from craft beer, but I make room for that on the weekends... I occasionally miss pasta, pizza, etc, but otherwise, it's pretty easy to adapt to. I cut out all added sugar, soft drinks, fruit juices and anything high in sugar. My calories come from 60% fat, 30% protein, and 10% carbs. After 6 months eating like this, my cholesterol dropped 20 points and my triglycerides almost 100 points.

Typical day- couple cups of coffee with heavy cream (no sugar) for breakfast. Maybe a couple eggs and sausage.

Lunch- big salad with some chicken or tuna on top. Usually I'll poach a bunch of chicken breasts and have them all week to use.

Dinner- a big hunk of meat and a big serving of a veggie. Last night it was 12oz of baked cod and 10oz of broccoli sauted in coconut oil with some chile past and soy sauce. Tonight it's meatloaf as the meat. We eat a lot of chicken thighs with the skin on, and turkey thighs as well. Steaks every Sunday.

Inspiring story Dan. Congrats on the weight loss & road to better health!

Custom Music, Audio Post Production, Location Audio

www.gmma.biz

https://www.facebook.com/gmmamusic/

Thanks! Got tired of being the "fat guy in the band"

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

This is so much better than that other "what are you . . .." thread.

My wife's on a gluten-free diet, which is annoying. Meanwhile, my standard bring-to-work lunch consists mainly of seitan. I tell my wife I'm a glutten for gluten.

But it's crab season, so I'll be searching for some of them critters for dinner.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

This is so much better than that other "what are you . . .." thread.

My wife's on a gluten-free diet, which is annoying. Meanwhile, my standard bring-to-work lunch consists mainly of seitan. I tell my wife I'm a glutten for gluten.

But it's crab season, so I'll be searching for some of them critters for dinner.

What I'm listening to right now >>>>> seitan.

I've been lucky with my allergies. I have to limit eggs to small quantities. Too much gives me headaches.

Apples is my big worry. My reaction gets worse every year and I have learned not to trust anything. After drinking Doyle pineapple orange juice for years with no problem, I suddenly had a strong reaction to it a few years ago. They kept the pineapple orange juice name, but started adding apple juice as a filler in large quantities. I also had a reaction to a homemade pound cake that someone brought to work. They used apple juice instead of oil to cut down on fat and calories. After eating a slice of it I got the rest of the day off. I have to avoid all juices and fruit drinks in restaurants or hotel breakfast buffets. All to often that "orange juice" dispenser at the hotel breakfast bar has apple juice mixed in as a low cost filler. Even the "Smucker's Simply Fruit" line of jams and jelly uses apple juice as a sweetener and filler for most flavors. I have to pick brands that don't use apples in their strawberry jam and grape jelly.

I just had some grilled cheese (tosti in dutch) on bread with mildly ok components, though not biological or gluten free, and Spa Forrest fruit juice (not the soda water variation), which I dig. The cheese was biological, which tastes better, and gives a better feeling, somehow.

Whoever destroyed the wonderful 60 grain ideas (I partially grew up on too) and replaced them with some wobbly-*ss idea of making gluten at least annoying should be punished. I never had any serious allergies I know of but some processed foods I feel having strange effects straight away, so I like sugar at times (half a bag of the dutch specialty "drop") and not other times, I'm fine with most normal or great meals, but I tend to like biological for bread, meat, juice, etc. even if it were just for the principle.

I get the creeps a little bit when I read about "beaten chicken breast" even though my English has been fine enough for at least a quarter of a century to comprehend the chicken was dead before that happens....

T.

Archived