Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT - What are you eating today?

RABid

Okay. Enough of what are you listening to or what keyboard to buy. Let's get to the important stuff. What are you eating today?

I went a "little" overboard when I ordered Chinese takeout for lunch. Fried dumplings, egg rolls, wonton soup, chicken fried rice, and for the entree, chicken with cashews and mixed vegetables. If I can keep the co-workers away I can eat on this for three days.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wife is insisting we eat healthier.

we made crab cakes Sunday. Had spinach salad with cucumbers last nite.

but today, I am going to sneak in a big bag of taco chips and guacamole :)

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

Nothing. I made the mistake of going to work without breakfast, thinking I'd hit the café downstairs for a breakfast burrito. My firm is open, but they are closed, for Veterans Day. Goddam, lunch can't get here quick enough.
Hitting "Play" does NOT constitute live performance. -Me.

Tried to fiend potato chips without industrial ingredients like super-cooked fats, strange half-poisonous elements, etc. etc., but just pressed sunflower oil, salt (preferably with iodide) and, potato, obviously. That's there in some supermarket. Now trying to find paprika crisps with only natural (and preferably biological) components, would it really bring the world down to be able to buy those cheap ?

T.

Have been eating a rigorously low-carb diet for about a year and a half since my doc reported that my blood sugar was a little too high and put me in range of "borderline diabetes" (A1C 5.8). This just scared me and since then I have had extremely little pasta,rice,bread,cereal,desserts as much as I love and crave them all (still eat lots of fruit though, maybe sabotaging the whole thing, I dunno). Have replaced breakfast cereal with a single scrambled egg in the morning, and replaced sandwiches and wraps with salads and grilled chicken for lunch. So that's what I've had again today, just a banana for breakfast (wasn't time to make my egg) and Greek salad with grilled chicken for lunch. This all has made life completely suck but maybe it'll last longer! Has had the fringe benefit of losing 15 to 20 lbs. which looks better on stage and in pictures, although I wasn't really heavy before that either. The high blood sugar might be genetic, my grandfather had diabetes, so maybe my dietary changes won't affect it too much either way (it didn't between my last two checkups when I started doing this, same number both times even after I had cut all those carbs and lost the weight), going to ask about that at my next checkup, maybe I should ask for meds to manage it and be able to go back to eating a little less austerely. Way TMI here I guess, sorry!

Rich Forman

Yamaha MOXF8, Korg Kronos 2-61, Roland Fantom X7, Ferrofish B4000+ organ module, Roland VR-09, EV ZLX12P, K&M Spider Pro stand,

Yamaha S80, Korg Trinity Plus

Well , I'm built like a Race Horse :D, and can still do 50+ press ups , because I avoid sugar like the plague as much as possible.

And I lie , both my parents have always been slim , and built like chook's that have worked out on weights all their lives :D .

Brett

I went a "little" overboard when I ordered Chinese takeout for lunch. Fried dumplings, egg rolls, wonton soup, chicken fried rice, and for the entree, chicken with cashews and mixed vegetables. If I can keep the co-workers away I can eat on this for three days.

Yeah, but you'll be hungry an hour later. :laugh:

For me, today's lunch was a meatloaf sandwich and a handful of cheese pretzels. Yeah, not very exciting.

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

Today's one of the days I work at home for half the day, so I'm eating a late breakfast of an improvised fried-rice dish my wife and I have been making since college. About a cup of cooked brown rice stir-fried with sesame seeds, green onions (and any other veggies in the fridge), maybe a little bacon or ham. Stir in a couple scrambled eggs towards the end, put on a lot of soy sauce and sriracha, and today, a half of an avocado diced. And drinking some amazing coffee from Pacori, a roaster in Eugene.

D-Bon's crab BLT looks pretty freaking awesome.

Turn up the speaker

Hop, flop, squawk

It's a keeper

-Captain Beefheart, Ice Cream for Crow

... I'm eating a late breakfast of an improvised fried-rice dish ...

Fried rice is a good way to get rid of leftovers. I tend to use sesame oil instead of sesame seeds. Roasted chicken and broccoli on Sunday, chicken/broccoli friend rice on Monday. :)

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Had a gig last night so I slept in and missed breakfast. Had Vietnamese vermicelli noodles w/ grilled chicken for lunch. So far so good, but there's a restaurant walk in Ocean Beach tonight, and I'm almost certain I'll be making a few unhealthy eating choices at that.

Feels like an Arby's night.

I was invited to a fundraising dinner tonight. I'm looking forward to eating ham and potatoes and not being asked to play for free. :D

Arby's was AWESOME. Chicken sliders and curly fries.

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-eatdrink020.gif

They also have this special BBQ sauce that is AMAZING.. not the same stuff they have in the little dippers.. it comes out of one of those squirty vats. So tangy!

Arby's has turned around big time since they got a new CEO. I mean it's still fast food, but the quality of the food and service is amazing.

Ramen noodles until I get some more gigs.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Archived