Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Stevie Wonder Songs In The Key Of Life Concert

GovernorSilver

Yeah, this is by far the most I've ever spent on concert tickets. Frankly I can't imagine any other show that I'd consider worth that kind of $$. But Stevie doing that album? Oh hell yeah...

Hope you bought the ticket insurance, I sure did.

As much as these tickets cost what's another $10.00 per ticket?

:nopity:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As much as this is his second time touring it, I feel like I may be missing out for good... :( Hopefully he doesn't retire or anything else. *knocks on wood*

actually, Eric, it's 11 more shows added to the same tour which had only 11 shows from early November to early December 2014. 3 months off then gig from mid March to mid April. I wouldn't think he would retire. What else is he gonna do? He's a musician/performer. He's doing what he loves.

• 4 weeks later...

So it looks like the televised Tribute show will not be Songs in the Key of Life in its entirety, but rather a greatest hits show performed by today's Pop elite.

http://www.thisisrnb.com/2015/02/beyonce-john-legend-pharrell-williams-and-more-pay-tribute-to-stevie-wonder/

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1elR_8E4h2g

[video:youtube]

Soul, R&B, Pop from Los Angeles

http://philipclark.com

Cannonball Gerald Albright Signature Alto, Yamaha YC73, Fender Rhodes, Roland Juno-106, Yamaha MX61, Roland VR-09, MicroKorg XL, Maschine Mikro, Yamaha Reface CP, Roland MKS-50

So it looks like the televised Tribute show will not be Songs in the Key of Life in its entirety, but rather a greatest hits show performed by today's Pop elite.

yuck ;)

Dude is probably praying "please, don't butcher my songs."

Cannonball Gerald Albright Signature Alto, Yamaha YC73, Fender Rhodes, Roland Juno-106, Yamaha MX61, Roland VR-09, MicroKorg XL, Maschine Mikro, Yamaha Reface CP, Roland MKS-50

+1

Although I thought Usher did a great job with "If It's Magic" at the Grammys.

+1

Stevie sang it to a backing track during his House Full of Toys show (and had to stop and restart because they played the wrong version). So great to see a live harp player on that!

• 1 month later...
well, I'm IN. :D

got 2 good, not great, but good tickets at Baltimore Arena

need to work some overtime now

Stevie is 1 year younger than Bruce but now he is the more expensive show.

Anyway, seeing Stevie April 9th,

then Herbie and Chick April 10th @ Kennedy Center DC

Prosit :cheers::keys:

got home from the show about an hour ago. Show was three and a half hours including an intermission. Many people on stage, one song early on had three electric guitars, all Fender Telecasters. Kinda unusual.

Stevie was very good. He did have to stop and start 2 songs over to get them right at different points of the evening. The VV EP wasn't very loud in the mix unfortunatly. Yamaha Grand was however. Hottest mic on stage was the snare drum. Damn. Stevie also played a Yamaha U3 upright on one song, that was cool. Greg had a VV Vibanet in his rig without any logo. At first I thought it was a modified E7 then I realized what it was. Anyway, 2 more shows, one in Brooklyn (maybe Dana is going) and one in Newark. If I had an extra US $1000 I'd go to both. :2thu:

My friend Yohei Nakamura is on that gig. From the way he talks it sounds like the best gig ever.

Eddie Brown is my favorite keyboardplayer here. That dude is seriously stupid good. I don't know what he plays on Stevie's gig, but his personal axe is a Fantom X6.

Shame about mix Dave but artists always go up in my opinion if they restart rather than press on when it is not quite right.

Saw Stevie about 4 years ago when he last toured here and the mix and performance was excellent.

A misguided plumber attempting to entertain | MainStage 3 | Axiom 61 2nd Gen | Pianoteq | B5 | XK3c | EV ZLX 12P

My friend Yohei Nakamura is on that gig. From the way he talks it sounds like the best gig ever.

Eddie Brown is my favorite keyboardplayer here. That dude is seriously stupid good. I don't know what he plays on Stevie's gig, but his personal axe is a Fantom X6.

he played 2 Roland Fantoms on a 2 tier stand and an Electro 4D in a L shape. Electro sounded horrible. I know it was the mix, not the keyboard.

I have seen Stevie four times in the past six years. Members of his band must be living the greatest musical experience of their lives.

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

I have seen Stevie four times in the past six years. Members of his band must be living the greatest musical experience of their lives.

wanted to mention that India Arie is on this leg of the tour with Stevie as a "special featured guest". She is an amazing talent.

Of the 6 backup singers Jasmin Cruz was featured prominently. She was they only one called to the front of the stage with Stevie and India.

JASMIN CRUZ

here's a review from The Baltimore Sun of last Thursdays concert

KLONK

just saw the setlist from Brooklyn on Sunday night. Encore had 4 more songs than he played in Baltimore, including a complete (he did a snippet in Baltimore)

"Living For The City". Would have loved to have seen that.

Archived