Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

keybed comparo - M50 88 or Arturia Keylab 88?

miden

What would be considered the better keybed - the RH3 on the Korg M50 or the Fatar (series?) on the new Arturia Keylab 88?

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think the Keylab 88 is in production yet, so I don't think anyone is in a position to compare, unless they played a prototype at a trade show or something. But we know it uses a Fatar TP100. If it's like the earlier TP100 I played on the Numa Nano and Numa Piano, I'd say the RH3 is better (based at least on my experience with the SV1). If the TP100 is like the one I played more recently on the Numa Concert, though, I'd say it's a close call... not a top of the line action, but still pretty nicely playable. Of course, this is somewhat subjective, too.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Thx AS...yeah I noticed on the Arturia webpage they are not available now in the US until end of December. Could be months away for Australia -that's if the supply dates don't get moved back yet again!

The original release date I was told was September.

The plan is I am going to give my M50 88 to my son, and try the VST route again...Ravenscroft is a nice piano I am finding.

Thing is if the Arturia is going to be months away, I might look at even a PX5-s. It is about the same $ out here, and although I do nto fancy the piano and ap sounds, it is a passable key action, not as good as the RH3 imo, but it is close.

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

Archived