Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

G.A.S. relief

SEHpicker

The Germino Masonette 25. Just got it yesterday - and this baby ROCKS!!!

I have been drooling over this amp for a long, long time. My wife knew how much I wanted it so she bought it for my 59th B-Day. YEAH!!!

25 watts, 6v6 tubes, based on the Marshall plexi 1987 - only better. Greg Germino hit a major home run with this amp.

The tones from this amp are sublime - it really sings with either humbuckers or single coil - just amazing tone!!!

I'm so stoked!

BTW - the last time my awesome wife bought me something musical was my 1990 LP Standard for my 35th B-Day.

Needless to say - I wouldn't trade for nuthin! (meaning my wife of course!) :love::boing:

SEHpicker

The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Germino Masonette 25. Just got it yesterday - and this baby ROCKS!!!

I have been drooling over this amp for a long, long time. My wife knew how much I wanted it so she bought it for my 59th B-Day. YEAH!!!

25 watts, 6v6 tubes, based on the Marshall plexi 1987 - only better. Greg Germino hit a major home run with this amp.

The tones from this amp are sublime - it really sings with either humbuckers or single coil - just amazing tone!!!

I'm so stoked!

BTW - the last time my awesome wife bought me something musical was my 1990 LP Standard for my 35th B-Day.

Needless to say - I wouldn't trade for nuthin! (meaning my wife of course!) :love::boing:

That's great! She sounds like a wonderful woman; and that sounds like a great amp!

So- did you get a head and cab, or a combo? What speaker-configuration? What speaker(s)?

The amp I'm most direly pining for happens to also be a vintage-Marhsall-inspired 2x6V6 hot rod that clocks-in at 22 watts. Seems a good template!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Hey Caev - I got the head - using it with a Legacy (Steve Vai) 4 x 12 closed back cab with Vintage 30s. Going through a Boss GT 10 pedal board and I cannot get over the tone and feel of this amp - creamy sustain that blossoms and changes as you hold a note - very articulate cleans with bell-like tone - and the overdrive is rich and full - very touch sensitive - this is the most fun amp I've ever played through.

And yes, I know I brag on her a lot - but what can I say - I got really lucky 35 years ago. :cheers:

SEHpicker

The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

Archived