Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Best Clavinet solos

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's this famous solo on the Live version from Bob Marley and the Wailers "Stir it up". This version I think is very tasteful, too:

[video:youtube]MHXpRzlXdR0

The clav role in this Stones song is very good too:

[video:youtube]1FDlcwU-uZs

I agree on the highest university of Jazz-funk honor for the Duke example, I think he has had major influence.

T.

I've been really digging the work that Roy Powell does with Mumpbeak. Though my first exposure to him was as a formidable organist in the Young/Powell/Vesperstad trio (later renamed InsterStatic), in MUmpbeak, he strictly uses a clav and effects. I bought a download of their album without listening in advance, and on first listen, I didn't hear any keys, I thought it was a guitarist of the Terje Rypdal/Allan Holdsworth school. Further research made me realize it was all Powell on Clav. Very cool stuff.

[video:youtube]

Turn up the speaker

Hop, flop, squawk

It's a keeper

-Captain Beefheart, Ice Cream for Crow

There's this famous solo on the Live version from Bob Marley and the Wailers "Stir it up". This version I think is very tasteful, too:

I hadn't heard that live version before, thx Theo

The clav role in this Stones song is very good too:

Billy Preston

:nopity:

I've been really digging the work that Roy Powell does with Mumpbeak. Though my first exposure to him was as a formidable organist in the Young/Powell/Vesperstad trio (later renamed InsterStatic), in MUmpbeak, he strictly uses a clav and effects. I bought a download of their album without listening in advance, and on first listen, I didn't hear any keys, I thought it was a guitarist of the Terje Rypdal/Allan Holdsworth school. Further research made me realize it was all Powell on Clav. Very cool stuff.

[video:youtube]

That blew my mind.

Archived