Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Keyboard companies and endorsements?

scottasin

Re; MAP - some companies set their MAP pricing so it leaves dealers an extremely small margin. The average end users don't know that - they believe MAP is where you start bargaining - so at this point there's really very little $ to be made at the dealer level.

dB

I'm a salesman, so I understand the challenges of selling (whether its copy paper or cars). I don't fully understand why MAP prices came about, especially considering the thin margins they create. Seems the manufacturers are putting the squeeze on the retailers. Not a good move.

Greg

Kurzweil Forte, Yamaha Motif ES7, Muse Receptor 2 Pro Max, Neo Ventilator

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm a salesman, so I understand the challenges of selling (whether its copy paper or cars). I don't fully understand why MAP prices came about, especially considering the thin margins they create. Seems the manufacturers are putting the squeeze on the retailers. Not a good move.

Agreed. I spent 10 years on the sales floor myself. :wave:

I am also not a fan of the concept of MAP. Unfortunately, it's origin lies mainly in people beating the daylights out of dealers to get lower and lower prices, playing one against the other...and then dealers fighting over who could advertise the lowest price. MAP was an attempt to combat that.

Didn't work very well, IMO. :idk:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Archived