Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

6 Pin Leslie to 11 Pin Organ

DMAC

Hi Folks, I'm fairly new here, so maybe this question was asked before. I have a Leslie 147 and a Leslie Combo Preamp which I purchased new back in 1971. I have a Hammond XK3-C Organ, and want to start using my Leslie with it. However, the Preamp needs repairs and may not be repairable. I found an adapter on the Hammondorganco.com site called 1147 Leslie Connector Adapter. I was wondering if anyone was familiar or has used this adapter and if so, do the fast and slow switches on the XK3-C change the speeds on the Leslie or do I need another gizmo? Also, how much does the adapter cost? No mention of price on the website. Thanks for any input.

Regards

Donnie

Hammond XK3-C; Yamaha Tyros 3; Casio PX-5S; Yamaha DX7 IID; Yamaha DGX 520; Yamaha Stagepas 500 & KS50 (x2) Leslie 147(1971) Lots of other stuff

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks very much for the reply folks, very much appreciated. :)
Hammond XK3-C; Yamaha Tyros 3; Casio PX-5S; Yamaha DX7 IID; Yamaha DGX 520; Yamaha Stagepas 500 & KS50 (x2) Leslie 147(1971) Lots of other stuff

The preamp is definitely repairable, unless it's been run over by a truck. Although the transistors can be a little hard to source. I think 2N3194s for the MPS-whatevers.

Anyhow I just wanted to pop in to say "be careful, there are three kinds of six-pin Leslies and they are all incompatible; make sure you get one for a 147 (6W) connection)."

If you are electronically adept, you can build a kit yourself, BTW. The audio levels on the 11-pin connector are already suitable. You just need to find a box, a power cord, and a couple of solid state relays that can carry wall power, triggered by -30VDC rising to GND. (IIRC)

I have never used the HS 1147 adapter, but quickly reading the literature suggests that it's exactly what I just described.

Wes

Hammond: L111, M100, M3, BC, CV, Franken CV, A100, D152, C3, B3

Leslie: 710, 760, 51C, 147, 145, 122, 22H, 31H

Yamaha: CP4, DGX-620, DX7II-FD-E!, PF85, DX9

Roland: VR-09, RD-800

Thanks for the info. Wes. The Preamp is into the repair guy now, so I'm waiting for the verdict. It served me well for a lot of years. The new adapter would also make a good back-up.

Donnie

Archived