Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

CHECK IT OUT !

solpincus

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Righteous!

Nord Stage 2 SW73, Kurzweil PC3LE7, Moog Sub 37, Alesis Ion, Rhodes Stage 73, Moog Werkstatt-01, Yamaha CP-300

-------------

Knock knock

Who's there?

Interrupting synthesizer

Interrup-MOOOOOOOOOG

First thing I saw was that they both are using the 16' drawbar for pedals.....love that growl.....

Looked like Joey wanted to trade 4's with Pierre, but never got the chance.

Anybody know what kind of amplification was used?

Good Stuff.

Jake

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

First thing I saw was that they both are using the 16' drawbar for pedals.....love that growl.....

Looked like Joey wanted to trade 4's with Pierre, but never got the chance.

Anybody know what kind of amplification was used?

Good Stuff.

Jake

Looks like there is a Leslie of some sort at Joey D's left, you can see it at 0:50 when the inset screen comes up. Leslie Studio 12?

I will delete this, if it is too far off topic.

That is helpful to me... Pierre fellows sound is a total turn off for me. Where as Joey's sound is much more to my liking.

When I sound a little like Pierre sound, I am not smart enough with gear/settings etc, to figure out what it is that is creating what for me is a thin overly brite soulless tone.

Any help is appreciated . Oh, I use a Mojo and a CX3.

You don't have ideas, ideas have you

We see the world, not as it is, but as we are. "One mans food is another mans poison". I defend your right to speak hate. Tolerance to a point, not agreement

I will delete this, if it is too far off topic.

That is helpful to me... Pierre fellows sound is a total turn off for me. Where as Joey's sound is much more to my liking.

When I sound a little like Pierre sound, I am not smart enough with gear/settings etc, to figure out what it is that is creating what for me is a thin overly brite soulless tone.

Any help is appreciated . Oh, I use a Mojo and a CX3.

Part of it may be due the way they play . Sward's attack is often staccato and stiff. no offense meant to that. Joey hits the organ keys VERY lightly. a lot of people insist that the organ does not register a particular attack, but THAT is absolute TRIPE ! the youtube showed what appeared to be a MOTION SOUND behind the players.

robert w nuckels

Under the title it says :

"Recorded live through Leslie 122 and 3300 cabinets"

Nice one, they updated the description text. ;)

Hmmm...what does this say about the onboard rotary sim if they're using real Leslies in a promo vid?

Cheers,

James

x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.

Archived