Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Saved by Sounds

skipclone 1

Yesterday I was on the phone with my folks back stateside. A situation is developing that is not good, not good at all. I went back from work, did a few things and basically wanted to curl up in a corner with a blanket over my head. during dinner I saw some people had gathered for a jam-there`s a guy from Indonesia currently, with a really fine voice, and a bunch of guys from Philippines. I learned a long time ago that, that country has some fabulous musicians. I was invited but I said, not today let`s do it another time. I was going to just play a little by myself and then find a corner and a blanket. but something made me change my mind. I tuned up and said, screw it-I`ll just play a little.We were joined by a girl who also sings great. That was approximately one evening and a hangover ago, ouch. Fortunately it`s a light day at work. but that was one of those times when, it wasn`t just practice-I NEEDED some music.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazing, the power of music, eh?

I think my Mom's involvement in our Church's music ministry has helped her keep an active mind and social life, broadened her horizons, and been an ingredient in fighting her depression.

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

It`s one of the most positive forces we have I think.

Well that situation I mentioned, has reached kind of an apotheosis, I may be away from the forum for a while. But I have a live performance a week from today and I`m going there to rock it, music is my co-pilot. Thanks for the reply, all the best.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

Thanks for sharing that Skip - I can relate.

Sometimes the insanity of this world makes me think, why bother? Then I pick up my guitar and everything makes sense again.

SEHpicker

The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

This thread reminds me of a charity I love, Guitars4Vets. They get guitars and some free lessons for US vets suffering from PTSD as a first step in music therapy.

http://www.guitars4vets.org

As it happens, I also have a friend who does music therapy for developmentally challenged kids,

And as I'm sure most of us have seen, there are studies out there that show that people who study music, even informally, do better at a all kinds of other demanding mental challenges.

So remember, you're not just a musician, you're a medicine man!

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

Yesterday I was on the phone with my folks back stateside. A situation is developing that is not good, not good at all. I went back from work, did a few things and basically wanted to curl up in a corner with a blanket over my head. during dinner I saw some people had gathered for a jam-there`s a guy from Indonesia currently, with a really fine voice, and a bunch of guys from Philippines. I learned a long time ago that, that country has some fabulous musicians. I was invited but I said, not today let`s do it another time. I was going to just play a little by myself and then find a corner and a blanket. but something made me change my mind. I tuned up and said, screw it-I`ll just play a little.We were joined by a girl who also sings great. That was approximately one evening and a hangover ago, ouch. Fortunately it`s a light day at work. but that was one of those times when, it wasn`t just practice-I NEEDED some music.

:cool::2thu:

This thread reminds me of a charity I love, Guitars4Vets. They get guitars and some free lessons for US vets suffering from PTSD as a first step in music therapy.

http://www.guitars4vets.org

As it happens, I also have a friend who does music therapy for developmentally challenged kids,

And as I'm sure most of us have seen, there are studies out there that show that people who study music, even informally, do better at a all kinds of other demanding mental challenges.

So remember, you're not just a musician, you're a medicine man!

:cool::2thu:

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Archived