Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

HELP Setlist Maker problems

BluesKeys

I downloaded the new SetList maker on iPad3 and lost all my .rtf files. I am running os8.0.2

If I download os8.1 will that solve my problem?

I lost 50+song lyrics. I need many of them tonight.

I know I should have read the SetList forum before downloading the new SetList maker but alas.

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like I will spend the afternoon downloading lyrics. Os8.1 didn't fix the problem.

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.jimmyweaver.com

Apple's OS8.0.2 for some reason doesn't recognize .rtf files and apparently 8.1 didn't fix it. Arlo says he is waiting to see if Apple will fix this problem. If not the work around is to load ALL lyrics, lead sheets etc right onto the song by copy and paste, or change all your files to pdf files.

I spent the afternoon copying as many as I could for tonights show. Will have to continue it tomorrow.

Jimmy

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.jimmyweaver.com

Once done with this (if you haven't) be sure to setup iTunes on a computer (PC or Mac), connect the iPad, and choose to backup to the local computer instead of iCloud.

Another helpful thing: Even if the iPad won't recognize a file type, you can still use the computer along with Dropbox, Box, or other cloud service to copy files back and forth between the computer and the iPad. You can then save copies of the files locally within the Dropbox or Box app on the iPad. That gives a separate backup of the files.

BTW, I agree with NOT installing the new OS assuming that you don't need the new OS for some purpose that the old OS doesn't cover. Treat the iPad as a business tool, and NEVER be the first-guy-on-the-block to be an unpaid beta tester.

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

Backups are good, but in this case, the RTF files haven't gone anywhere. It's just that the iOS framework that displays them is broken. Apple identified this as a bug in the iOS 8.0 release, so it seems that they intend to fix it, but it's too bad they haven't done it yet.

Archived