Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Exciting News!

Chad Thorne

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where are the Marshall Islands? That one doesn't look very big.

Congrats on the gig!

That's Kwajalein Island, and I don't think it IS very big. We're actually doing two shows on "Kwaj" and one more on neighboring island Roi-Namur.

The Marshalls, I'm told, are about 2100 nautical miles west of Hawaii, over the International Dateline.

That will probably be an amazing experience. Break a leg!

Side note - I am into flags, always have been, not sure why. The Marshall Islands have one of the best looking national flags IMNSHO.

http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/images/m/mh.gif

Push the button Frank.

So you are a vexillologist!

Now I'm thinking of one of the original TMNT movies!

Donatello: "You're a claustrophobic."

Casey Jones: "You want a fist in the mouth? I've never even looked at another guy before."

Those were the days... Cool flag, by the way, Ken! And on a side-note, I love how we now all have action pics :grin:

Chad, looking forward to a big review with pics! In its very own thread, I would presume!

"I'm a work in progress." Micky Barnes

The Ross Brown Shirt World Tour

Daaaaamn - if you're traveling from Pittston ME, what's your travel time?

For some reason, I keep flashing back to the Raiders of the Lost Ark film, showing the flight path to Nepal with repeated landings to refuel.

Just like being in the studio - bring a loooooong book.

Play. Just play.

We fly from the East Coast to Honolulu, about 13 hours, then HI to Kwaj, another 7. With layovers I'm told the trip is about 35 hours total. (We stay overnight in Honolulu.)

Don't know if I'll take pictures; I lost my camera in Memphis a couple of years ago and would hate (and would never hear the end of) losing another. But our drummer is a mad photographer, and I'll at least be able to post a link to his many, many pictures.

Now I'm thinking of one of the original TMNT movies!

Donatello: "You're a claustrophobic."

Casey Jones: "You want a fist in the mouth? I've never even looked at another guy before."

I'm going more Spongebob Squarepants on it

Squidward: I'm getting claustrophobic!

Patrick: Nice try, Squidward, but there's NO Santa Clause here!

"Tours widely in the southwestern tip of Kentucky"

From Wikipedia: "Kwajalein Island [where we'll be] is the southernmost, and the largest, of the islands in the Kwajalein atoll...The island is about 1.2 square miles (3.1 km2).[4] It is 2.5 miles (4.0 km) long and averages about 800 yards (730 m) wide."

No, not very big...

From Wikipedia: "Kwajalein Island [where we'll be] is the southernmost, and the largest, of the islands in the Kwajalein atoll...The island is about 1.2 square miles (3.1 km2).[4] It is 2.5 miles (4.0 km) long and averages about 800 yards (730 m) wide."

No, not very big...

Not very far from the No Bikini Atoll (reference: Beany and Cecil)

Play. Just play.

No, not very big...

Not very far from the No Bikini Atoll (reference: Beany and Cecil)

I remembered that as being from Rocky and Bullwinkle, but I'm sure you're right. I have dragged that one out a few times already...

Archived