Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

C3 for sale - pull the trigger ??

hazerkeys

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd have to double-check the registry, but the serial number makes this a '56 or a '57, I believe.

That means that you may not find the generator bright enough for your taste without a recap, but otherwise, the early ones are quite desirable IMO. I especially like the quatrefoils.

It's not that far from Canandaigua to Syracuse. Go check it out. Looks like a great deal to me. I don't see a lot of good organs in the north country, but I don't look very hard, either.

Wes

Hammond: L111, M100, M3, BC, CV, Franken CV, A100, D152, C3, B3

Leslie: 710, 760, 51C, 147, 145, 122, 22H, 31H

Yamaha: CP4, DGX-620, DX7II-FD-E!, PF85, DX9

Roland: VR-09, RD-800

If I needed/wanted one and it was in reasonable working order I would buy it. They don't build those things anymore. If I bought it I would check the model year and see if it had foam padding in it and have that removed.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

I'd have to double-check the registry, but the serial number makes this a '56 or a '57, I believe.

That means that you may not find the generator bright enough for your taste without a recap, but otherwise, the early ones are quite desirable IMO. I especially like the quatrefoils.

It's not that far from Canandaigua to Syracuse. Go check it out. Looks like a great deal to me. I don't see a lot of good organs in the north country, but I don't look very hard, either.

Wes

Cross posted. If it is 56 or 57 in good order then get it without worrying about that foam ****. I think that started around 64 or so.

At that price I would be surprised if it's still available. If it is, buy it, unless the insides have been stripped for scrap metal. :)

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Yup. It's about an hour from Canandaigua to Auburn.

You should go visit and put your hands on it at the very least!

Everybody's behind you on this and we've got some really good resources here on the forum, Mr. hazerkeys.

It's not like you'll be left outstanding in your field. :facepalm:

http://arrc.ou.edu/~chilson/img/Chilson_outstanding_450.jpg

(We'll help you spend your money!) :evil::thu:

Let us know what you decide to do, 'K?

Tom

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Unless B3/C3/A100s are falling out of the sky, grab it.

A few years ago we had a lot of them on CL here in Maine (4 or 5) for cheap money. I managed to snag an A-100 that they were asking $600 for. In pristine shape.

There's nothing like the real thing, Baby!

Muzikteechur is Lonnie, in Kittery, Maine.

HS music teacher: Concert Band, Marching Band, Jazz Band, Chorus, Music Theory, AP Music Theory, History of Rock, Musical Theatre, Piano, Guitar, Drama.

you guys are all great !! - I have a nice little studio room where I have all my other keys LOL - not sure if I could fly this one under the Wife radar !! - and I have a nice 145 I restored that I think it would sound great through

PC1x, Hammond XK1c, Deep Mind 6, MS500 (gig rig)

Kurz PC4, Mini Moog Model D, Little Phatty, Hammond M3, Leslie 145, viscount op-3, Behringer model D, Roland GAIA.. (home studio)

It is an investment. They don't make them anymore. The collectors market will come back someday.

Though the market ain't what it used to be, I'd still consider that a great price for a C3, even if it weren't in great shape. It probably will need new caps, but so what if it does. Still worth it for a Classic instrument like that.

I believe there is a renowned tech in your area (Rochester) too. I'll go back and see if I can refresh my memory.

Don't rush me. I'm playing as slowly as I can!

www.stevenathanmusic.com

https://apple.co/2EGpYXK

I would not automatically cap it. Listen to it first. One man's mellow is another man's muffled, and one man's bright is another man's screechy.

edit: and Sal is the Man.

Moe

---

"I keep wanting to like it's sound, but every demo seems to demonstrate that it has the earth-shaking punch and peerless sonics of the Roland Gaia. " - Tusker

http://www.hotrodmotm.com

Sal Azzarelli. 7165536610

Dick move putting his number on the forum. He is not even a member and pretty good friend of mine. I don't think he would be hot on that.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

Sal Azzarelli. 7165536610

Dick move putting his number on the forum. He is not even a member and pretty good friend of mine. I don't think he would be hot on that.

Really? He doesn't like business referrals?

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Archived