Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Jordantron - ipad

orangefunk

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use SampleWiz with my cover band for some signature sounds sampled from the original recordings...is that cheating? The opening lazer sound for Jungle Love is really the only one...I sampled my own whistle and sped it up to speed.

Geo Synth is a brilliant interface and I've importaed many of my own sounds from SampleWiz for unbelievably expressive playing on this amazing surface.

MorphWiz is oddly the reason I wanted an iPad in the first place, but it is really just a fun toy for me now. Same goes for Tachyon...fun. These both borrow heavily from Bebot and SynthX which I find just as musical if not more.

Most of Wizdom Music other apps either go over my head or I just don't get it. I've always been very bewildered by Mr. Rudess's playing but only slightly amused by the sounds he uses. If my goal was to sound like Jordan, this app would be invaluable, but I'll never be able to play like him and mine would be a poor emulation. Besides my 16GB is already full of other music making apps like fully loaded Alchemy.

I'm not a hater

But the guy is the marketing equivalent of Gene Simmons, he's into promotion and marketing deals at the risk of appearing more interested in money than his music. Plus I can't stand his keyboard wankery. Keith Emerson or Rick Wakeman he's definitely not, no matter how much he thinks he is.

I'm not a hater

But the guy is the marketing equivalent of Gene Simmons, he's into promotion and marketing deals at the risk of appearing more interested in money than his music. Plus I can't stand his keyboard wankery. Keith Emerson or Rick Wakeman he's definitely not, no matter how much he thinks he is.

All I said was I'm not a hater :idk

Mr Rudess truly loves technology and is very good at it. He did work for Korg, after all....

He understands promotion and is good at it too.

I'm not a fan of his playing, but I respect the level of his craft.

But then, I'm much more from the school of his first employer, Jan Hammer (pre-1978).

"I have constantly tried to deliver only products which withstand the closest scrutiny � products which prove themselves superior in every respect.�

Robert Bosch, 1919

Archived