Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Bluetooth speakers?

I-missRichardTee

I marvel at the power of industry merged with media/ advertising to shape a culture's ideas about what they need to buy... what's hot, and not.

I am really liking a new android tablet galaxy note pro

speakers are stereo, but lack lower end, of course.

With bass being strongly associated with sub woofers ( again, by industry and media ) I have my doubts about speakers with hip hop sounding names ( I am sure you know some of the brand names better than I do ) .

Bose is a rip off company, and they are touted as the holy grail of sound, ACCORDING to them!

So between over priced over hyped Bose, and the hip hop, overly bassy offerings; where does a musician find bluetooth speakers that are close to audiophile quality, sans the over pricing?

You don't have ideas, ideas have you

We see the world, not as it is, but as we are. "One mans food is another mans poison". I defend your right to speak hate. Tolerance to a point, not agreement

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have three different systems that allow either direct wired connection or bluetooth. Headphones, car audio, and the IK Media iLoud speaker. In every case, direct wiring sounds much better. I use bluetooth connection for audio books but music always sounds like crap. I'm guessing that the Bluetooth spec is capable of quality audio. I know Bluetooth 2 claims to be stereo quality, but it sounds like 64kbps MP3. (as in 32 per channel)

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

What's your intended budget, size and weight?

There's everything from Braven to Marshall (yes, that Marshall) to Logitech UE.

Personally, I've not heard anything from a BT portable speaker that rivals a serious home stereo system, but I've never thought that was the point. If you want portable, on the spot music to learn a song, quickly create atmosphere in a room, liven up a picnic or to make cleaning the closet more enjoyable, there's nothing quicker or more pain-free.

That is true. The iLoud has a rechargeable battery, does Bluetooth or accepts a stereo cable from the headphone output of portable devices, and sounds really good for the size. I found out about it from a previous thread on this forum and have been happy with the purchase.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

I funded a Bluetooth speaker on Kickstarter. It's clearly designed for taking out on hikes, the beach, etc. Looking forward to having a play on it when it arrives.

I also have an iHome Bluetooth speaker that I picked up at Toys R Us for $30 (list price almost $100). Not a whole lot of power, but better bass than the cheap, wired computer speakers that I used with my Macbook Pro when its speakers went bad on me.

I bought a Beats "Pill". Sounds great, I found it at a discount. Great for filling a room, and I even use it on my motorcycle.

http://www.lowyat.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/130619beatspill03.jpg

Muzikteechur is Lonnie, in Kittery, Maine.

HS music teacher: Concert Band, Marching Band, Jazz Band, Chorus, Music Theory, AP Music Theory, History of Rock, Musical Theatre, Piano, Guitar, Drama.

What's your intended budget, size and weight?

There's everything from Braven to Marshall (yes, that Marshall) to Logitech UE.

Personally, I've not heard anything from a BT portable speaker that rivals a serious home stereo system, but I've never thought that was the point. If you want portable, on the spot music to learn a song, quickly create atmosphere in a room, liven up a picnic or to make cleaning the closet more enjoyable, there's nothing quicker or more pain-free.

I have relied on headphones, but headphones ( $200 Sennheiser sp? mid grade ) lack something, certainly in the bass.

I have not given this much thought, but for instance, at home ( I no longer have home stereo, having relied on phones ) if i used eg my K10, would that be appropriately, close enough for "flat" to be useable, or are they too colored; too far from stereo speakers?

Stereo speakers are designed with different sonic goal than PA.

And now Bluetooth enters the scene.. so i am a bit confused about how to have relatively accurate ( not audiophile, but close as possible within a modest $400 max budget ) sound at home for transcribing.

The bass, in particular, is lacking in phones.

You don't have ideas, ideas have you

We see the world, not as it is, but as we are. "One mans food is another mans poison". I defend your right to speak hate. Tolerance to a point, not agreement

I have a JAM bluetooth cylindrical speaker that works for on the go. Definitely not stereo quality but better than iPhone speaker. I can set it on my piano to learn/listen to songs and play along. Plenty loud, though not HiFi. About $35

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

Archived