Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New gig, new rig

wjwilcox

I have an audition tomorrow with my new church's worship leader. We've already had a meet-and-greet to get to know each other, so this will be the musical end of the introduction process. I've got one song to brush up on. This will be a different gig as I will primarily be using their gear. I'm looking forward to this as I will be up close and personal with a Nord Stage 2 for the first time. It sounds great on Sunday, so I hope I can do it justice.

www.wjwcreative.com

www.linkedin.com/in/wjwilcox

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What church? I know a few worship leaders around town.....what a small world if it turned out to be one of them!

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

We're now going to The Journey West County, on 141 south of Manchester. Chris Horton is the worship leader.

Oh yeah, familiar with that place - don't know Chris. I know a few guys who do it in the O'Fallon area as well as my own church in the city and my ex wife's church in Webster.

After I posted, I started thinking that I don't know anybody whose church provides a NS2, so I was guessing I didn't know.

I'm racking my brain.... I'm sure I know somebody who goes there, but I can't think of who.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Did you move? Tower grove and west county aren't exactly in close proximity.

Dan

J. Dan: No, we've lived in West County for 30+ years. I knew Russ from when we were both at Greentree Community Church in Kirkwood. My wife and I would go down to Tower Grove on Sundays when neither of us were "on duty" to hear Russ and a pastor friend.

Stoken6: At our previous church I used my own gear, an Ensoniq SD-1 occasionally augmented by an Alesis Ion, Roland JV1080 or E-Mu Vintage Keys. I'm looking forward to digging into the NS2. They also use IEM's which is new to me.

www.wjwcreative.com

www.linkedin.com/in/wjwilcox

Archived