Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Powered Monitors

Wally Malone

I'm thinking about getting powered monitors to use with my iPad. These are small and seem to be portable. Have any of you used or tried these or have other suggestions?

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Alesis-Elevate-5-Powered-Desktop-Studio-Speakers-J03545-i3493913.gc?source=4GOA3BEB

Thanks,

Wally

I have basses to play, places to be and good music to make!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have the Mackie SRM150. Nice, portable, fits on a mic stand (with supplied attachment), has a three channel EQ and three inputs - vocal, instrument and accessory.

I have used it in the "Fortress of Solitude" and I have gigged with it. Plenty of head room without too much distortion.

I would highly recommend this.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

It depends on what you want to use them for Wally. Are you using these to critically mix or just to monitor what you're jamming to? Live use? How portable or mobile do you need them to be - battery powered, etc? There are bluetooth models available as well that simply pair up with your iPad eliminating one tether. Lots of choices so it's best to filter by your needs.

Thanks all, I did get these mentioned. The price was so good since it is for the pair not each. And in addition, no shipping charges. If they don't work out I can move them at not too much of a loss.

Wally

I have basses to play, places to be and good music to make!

Archived