Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

iPad channel bleedover - anyone else ever notice this?

blong5150

We use some backing tracks on a few of the newer dance tunes. I've noticed that I can faintly hear the click in the left channel on my iPad. It doesn't happen on my iPhone or laptop. Anyone else ever notice this?
Roland Jupiter 80, Roland FA-08, Yamaha MOXF6, Nektar Impact LX61, Macbook Air

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What method are you using to get the sounds out? Headphone connection would be my guess, which will invariably have bleed.

Get a proper USB interface that's iOS compatible and it'll solve your problem.

This!!

I have never experienced bleed over using either the Apple Camera Connect Kit (CCK) or my Alesis iO Dock.

David

Gig Rig:Depends on the day :thu:

But is it true that the headphone jack will invariably have bleed? The OP says he experiences it on his ipad but not iphone, and I would expect the two to be similar. I wonder if he was using the headphone jack on one and not the other?

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

But is it true that the headphone jack will invariably have bleed? The OP says he experiences it on his ipad but not iphone, and I would expect the two to be similar. I wonder if he was using the headphone jack on one and not the other?

Scott, I don't know..I've never used the headphone jack in this situation.

Tusker may be on to something

David

Gig Rig:Depends on the day :thu:

Okay, perhaps invariably wasn't the best word to use, but the follow-up by the OP supports my assertion; the iPad/iPhone differences aren't necessarily equivalent (different volumes, different generations of devices, etc etc can all factor into this), but the reality is any time you're using a consumer-grade device/connection for your gigs,you're sacrificing something. ;)

Archived