Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Looks cooler than it sounds...

Dannyalcatraz

http://files.effectsdatabase.com/gear/pics/twa_littledipper-2_002.jpg

And it sounds cool!

http://www.godlyke.com/totally-wycked-audio-effects-pedals/hand-built/little-dipper-02-envelop-controlled-vocal-formant-filter

Waaaaaannnnnnnt.

I know, I know...but pedals are my talent substitute! :roll:

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice! :cool: That seems to be one HELL of an excellent envelope-filter type!

As cool as it looks, I'm not so sure that it looks cooler than it sounds... ;):thu:

And I share your general affliction (Re: "I know, I know...but pedals are my talent substitute! :roll: "... ) :blush:

I'm similarly enticed by the Pigtronix EP2 Envelope Phaser; pricey, but the Envelope-Phase and LFO-and-Envelope options are S0O0O0O0O0O friggin' cool... !

______ [video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9HJmqsBaSs

______ [video:youtube]

Annnnd... Not sure why this won't display here, but it's a cool video of Burney Worrell deploying the EP2 with Minimoog Analog Synth and Hohner Clavinet keyboards...

______ [video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeMA3zeIkqg#t=70

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

This is all somewhat overwhelming to someone who hasn't really played an electric guitar since the days when a "Fuzz tone" and "Cry baby" were the ONLY pedals available! And when SOME dimwitted "stoners" would create that "fuzz-tone" by poking HOLES in their amp's paper cones with a PHILLIP'S HEAD!

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

And when SOME dimwitted "stoners" would create that "fuzz-tone" by poking HOLES in their amp's paper cones with a PHILLIP'S HEAD!

Whitefang

Guilty! Well, I wasn't a "stoner"- I was just after THAT SOUND... ! :D:thu:

It was on a cheap little Solid State Kaye, as well...

Link Ray did that, himself, when he recorded "Rumble"... :cool:

I gotta mention one of my pet peeves with some pedals.....if it's Threshold, why not label it Threshold instead of "Ascension" and if it's Fuzz, label it Fuzz, not "Diffraction". It's like the marketing types take over and try to make it cool instead of just labeling the knobs with what they actually DO....and labeling the Pedal for what it actually DOES for that matter.

As far as the sound, I like it with one exception - there's kind of an annoying almost whistling quality to the upper end of the EQ. I like the sound best when the filter is more closed. If they could tame out that high frequency a bit, I think it'd be better.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

I gotta mention one of my pet peeves with some pedals.....if it's Threshold, why not label it Threshold instead of "Ascension" and if it's Fuzz, label it Fuzz, not "Diffraction". It's like the marketing types take over and try to make it cool instead of just labeling the knobs with what they actually DO....and labeling the Pedal for what it actually DOES for that matter.

It's not limited to pedals. There's a whole CONCEPT of "corporatespeak" out there that just muddles up plain talk. We had one of those dinks at the plant which I used to work. One day, he took aside another team leader and requested this:

"Nick, TOUCH BASE with Emmanuel and discover whether or not he's going to commence production proceedures at the designated juncture." Nick looked confused, until I stepped in and translated, "Nick, he wants you to ask Emmanuel if he's going to start the line on time".

'nuff said!

Whitefang

As far as the sound, I like it with one exception - there's kind of an annoying almost whistling quality to the upper end of the EQ. I like the sound best when the filter is more closed. If they could tame out that high frequency a bit, I think it'd be better.

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

Iddunno, in this case they were just being creative and thematically topical- the whole astronomy thing. Just having fun; nothing "marketing" or "corporatespeak" about it, really.

"Dipper" in "Little Dipper" here is referring to "diphthongs"- a stretch of a joke, but a pun nonetheless- which are a type vocal, vowelly sound, which this pedal emulates with some settings.

Archived