Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Gulf Coast Florida keyboard rental

richforman

Asking for some local knowledge from any of my Florida friends here. So I'm flying in to your neck of the woods this Friday morning to play an outdoor festival gig with my classic rock band, Head Games, in Crystal River, Fla. Just hear today from my bandleader that the sound company we're working with is having difficulty procuring one of the keyboards that's specified in my equipment rider, namely my MOXF8, and that I might either have to use another more or less random keyboard in its stead or bring mine down with me on the plane; both these options are terrible for me. (Apparently they are able get me my other specified axe, a Fantom X7 which is fortunate as that's an even more indispensable part of my setup, but both are pretty crucial to me in this show.) Anyway, I was surprised because as I told my buddy, my Yamaha is the latest, most current model in their lineup, and I would think any Sam Ash or Guitar Center in the area would have one they could get their hands on. He says they are out in the sticks and far from any SA or GC. So my question - anybody know of any stores or sound companies that I could get a hold of near there that might be able to provide me a rental MOXF8 for the day, or get one to this production company we are working for? Thanks for much for any suggestions.

Rich Forman

Yamaha MOXF8, Korg Kronos 2-61, Roland Fantom X7, Ferrofish B4000+ organ module, Roland VR-09, EV ZLX12P, K&M Spider Pro stand,

Yamaha S80, Korg Trinity Plus

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Never mind, just got an update from my buddy/bandleader that they got one for me after all. Whew!

Rich Forman

Yamaha MOXF8, Korg Kronos 2-61, Roland Fantom X7, Ferrofish B4000+ organ module, Roland VR-09, EV ZLX12P, K&M Spider Pro stand,

Yamaha S80, Korg Trinity Plus

You we're lucky. Crystal River is kinda in the sticks :laugh:

Don't know where you're staying, but you'll be pretty close to Tarpon Springs. Go eat some Greek Seafood if you can get there :cool:

Archived