Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Songs In The Key Of Life on tour! :D

hurricane hugo

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No LA show is a real head scratcher.

From the Wall Street Journal:

"Though there is no Los Angeles date on the itinerary, he said he and his band would recreate the show again in December at his annual House Full of Toys benefit concertthe same event where he played it last year."

Its totally worth it.

Guess that depends on one's perspective. Good seats in DC are going to sell for $169.05 each if purchased directly from the vendor. Not Rolling Stones expensive, but a pricey evening for 2 for sure. Nose bleeds are $61.80. Might have to settle for those.

:nopity:

Dana and I paid $200... But it all went to charity. And considering the event, and the performance (many guest artists including Herbie Hancock played), it felt like a rare event. I am sure he is doing this limited tour strictly because of the amazing success of that performance in LA. I think that SITKOL is one of the top ten albums of all time.
'55 and '59 B3's, Leslies 147, 122, 21H, Motif XS7, Mellotrons M300 and M400, Wurlitzer 200, Gibson G101, Vox Continental, Mojo

Dana and I paid $200... But it all went to charity. And considering the event, and the performance (many guest artists including Herbie Hancock played), it felt like a rare event. I am sure he is doing this limited tour strictly because of the amazing success of that performance in LA. I think that SITKOL is one of the top ten albums of all time.

I was hoping this year he'd do a couple of other albums back to back. How cool would a Talking Book/Innervisions show be?

Soul, R&B, Pop from Los Angeles

http://philipclark.com

King Super 20 Alto, Yamaha MX61, Roland VR-09, MicroKorg XL, Maschine Mikro, M-Audio ProKeys88sx, Roland MKS-50

Archived