Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

An app that identifies a song?

I-missRichardTee

I thought Song Genie did this, but Song Genie did not recognize An unidentified version of "Cold Duck" that I have.

I think there is a smart app that recognizes melodies?

A further, likely unreachable goal, would be recognizing the player!

Thank you

You don't have ideas, ideas have you

We see the world, not as it is, but as we are. "One mans food is another mans poison". I defend your right to speak hate. Tolerance to a point, not agreement

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Shazam app is one of those technologies that just freaks me out, seems impossible!...not just that it can identify the music, that's impressive in itself but doesn't seem impossible, but the speed with which it does it blows my mind. Some really good programming going on there.

Rich Forman

Yamaha MOXF8, Korg Kronos 2-61, Roland Fantom X7, Ferrofish B4000+ organ module, Roland VR-09, EV ZLX12P, K&M Spider Pro stand,

Yamaha S80, Korg Trinity Plus

Shazam is pretty good at ID-ing even when there's voice over or noise. I occasionally use it to find out what that is playing behind the radio announcer in my car, and it works despite the road noise and announcer. The trickiest part is fishing my phone out of my pocket in time and not crashing. I probably shouldn't do this. If you'd seen my driving, you'd say I definitely shouldn't do this, but heck, I can steer just great with my knees.

Shazam is pretty good at ID-ing even when there's voice over or noise. I occasionally use it to find out what that is playing behind the radio announcer in my car, and it works despite the road noise and announcer. The trickiest part is fishing my phone out of my pocket in time and not crashing. I probably shouldn't do this. If you'd seen my driving, you'd say I definitely shouldn't do this, but heck, I can steer just great with my knees.

An advertisement for Shazam via the Apple Watch. :)

U1 | NP | NS3 | NE3 HP | K10

Archived