Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Anyone using the pianos in Ableton Live 9?

Dana.

I just heard a track that a friend of mine did using a piano sound from Live 9 and it sounds damn good -- better than a lot of $1,000+ digital pianos and ROMplers I've heard. Apparently they were done by a company I'm not familiar with called e-instruments. Anyone have experience with these sounds?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Perhaps few forum members use Live, period? Makes sense, I guess, given the music people play here.

I think quite a few of us use Live, but I'm not sure what you are asking, other than "Are we familiar with the piano samples?" I'm familiar with them. I don't use them a lot because most of what I do within live is electronic. Both the piano and the orchestra samples within Live are very usable within pop and electronic. Not sure I would score a soundtrack with them, but then, I don't score sound tracks. I haven't used the Live pianos on stage or in a solo context.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

I think quite a few of us use Live, but I'm not sure what you are asking, other than "Are we familiar with the piano samples?" I'm familiar with them. I don't use them a lot because most of what I do within live is electronic. Both the piano and the orchestra samples within Live are very usable within pop and electronic. Not sure I would score a soundtrack with them, but then, I don't score sound tracks. I haven't used the Live pianos on stage or in a solo context.

Fair enough.

RABid basically summed up my situation as well; I don't think I've ever loaded that piano, and I have Live 9 Suite & a Push (that I love)... just don't do piano-based performance with Live; for that I use Mainstage (sometimes with Live Rewired in).

Having read this, though, I will be trying that piano out tonight, just to see what's up. :thu:

It was sort of a happy accident for my friend. The track was originally recorded with synth, but in doing some conversion via Maschine, it defaulted to the piano and sounded even better, so he kept it. Even the guy who mixed the song commented, "Whoa, this piano is great..."

Archived