Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Mounting a digital keyboard on (or near) a B3

Dgas

I've just moved my B3 from my shop to my band rehearsal space & am wondering where to place a digital keyboard for best ergonomic fit. On top? If so, remove folding manual covers on the organ? Or put the keyboard off to one side perhaps? I sit when playing & there doesn't seem to be a good comfortable place to put the digital keyboard. Any suggestions?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy crap ! I was looking around the ken rich site and saw THIS That's got to be the nicest looking Rhodes suitcase Ive ever seen....the one with the woodgrain and gold trim finish.

This is giving me ideas big time, my suitcase dosnt go out so this may be a nice winter project , would be nice to get it matching my Cherry B3

"Ive been playing Hammond since long before anybody paid me to play one, I didn't do it to be cool, I didnt do it to make a statement......I just liked it "

If I ever win the lottery, I will be sending a big chunk of it to Ken Rich.

Hammond: L111, M100, M3, BC, CV, Franken CV, A100, D152, C3, B3

Leslie: 710, 760, 51C, 147, 145, 122, 22H, 31H

Yamaha: CP4, DGX-620, DX7II-FD-E!, PF85, DX9

Roland: VR-09, RD-800

Digital boards are easy. It is the old analog ones that can present problems because sometimes the instrument's power supply decides to start communicating with the Hammond and that aint good.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

The Straddler III-B looks like a great fit for my Wurly 200A. Thanks much for the tip.

one really nice thing about using the Straddlers between a B3 and a Wurlie is that the bottom is elevated at an angle. Makes it much easier to access the audio output underneath the piano.

:nopity:

Archived