Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Sometimes you get what you pay for

Sam Mullins

A few years ago I went from a desktop to a laptop for my DAW (Sonar) and also figured I would use it for soft synths live. But I was never completely happy with the various USB audio interfaces I had (Roland UA 4FX, Novation X-Station, Yamaha MOXF6). They were mostly fine for recording but I always felt disconnected when playing soft synths because of marginal latency.

So I took the plunge and bought an RME Babyface. I was reluctant to spend that much money on an interface (basically not much less than I spent on the laptop)...but all I can say is it makes a huge difference. Not only is it a cleaner, quieter signal but the latency is finally at the point that I feel like I'm actually playing an instrument instead of fighting the technology. Nice when something works as advertised.

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I started with M-Audio cards in my DAW's and finally worked my way up to an RME. Made playing parts into the DAW much easier. Especially drum parts played on electronic drums using VST's for the sounds.

Yeah, the drum parts and the percussive keyboard sounds is where I really notice it.

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman

Archived