Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official 2014 FIFA World Cup thread

zephonic

Miden,

I'm also very proud of the aussie socceroos. For a team that everybody thought would be flogged every game they have done themselves and Australia proud. We have played 2 very good soccer teams, the same 2 teams that current world champions Spain have played yet we have been the more competitive in both games and at times played ourselves into positions where we could have had a draw or a win. Not bad for such a young team. A special mention to Tim Cahill for what was a very special goal. Well done boys. :)

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LOL! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

http://images-cdn.9gag.com/photo/azbpyNm_700b_v1.jpg

I agree with this. I think about the difference between American football coaches and basketball coaches all the time, both in the way they dress and their size.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

tied at 1-1 England let Suarez get behind the defense with the ball to give Uruguay a 2-1 lead with only 5 minutes to go in regulation. England join Spain as a former powerhouse with a very early exit from World Cup.
:nopity:

England join Spain as a former powerhouse with a very early exit from World Cup.

Technically, England are not out of it yet, however we have to rely on all of the other results going our way in order to qualify. Yes, I know it sounds desperate, but it's the only thing England fans have left to cling on to... ;(

Cheers,

James

x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.

To me, the surprise of the tournament is Costa Rica. Their match against Uruguay was fun to watch and they beat them convincingly. They play creatively and their enthusiasm is infectious. 1-0. Against Italy, yes. Well deserved, Ticos!

And first ones in their group to advance to the next round, too. Bravo!

local: Korg Nautilus 61 AT | Yamaha MODX8

away: GigPerformer | 16" MBP M1 Max

home: Kawai RX-2 | Korg D1 | Roland Fantom X7

To me, the surprise of the tournament is Costa Rica. Their match against Uruguay was fun to watch and they beat them convincingly. They play creatively and their enthusiasm is infectious. 1-0. Against Italy, yes. Well deserved, Ticos!

And first ones in their group to advance to the next round, too. Bravo!

also eliminating England in the process. Sorry, KJ

CRASHOUT

Been flat out with work, bit late to this thread after a week of action.

Great world cup so far. Games have been so entertaining.

Despite the loss I am so proud of the aussie boys! They really took it to the Netherlands! Close one. Considering how much higher calibre players the Netherlands have, we did very well. Future looking good for Australian Football! This turnover to the new generation should have started years ago.

England crashing out is a shock and isn't. They never seem right mentally and so much OTT expectation back home too. (I was born in England but raised in Australia). Italy are also hanging by a thread! Crazy thing is Australia soundly beat Costa Rica in a friendly late last year. They seem to have improved!

France are on fire! I might be following them from now on. Seems like a long time since the Zidane golden era. Germany will be interesting against Ghana too!

Roland Fantom G6, D-70, JP-8000, Juno-106, JV-1080, Moog Minitaur, Korg Volca Keys, Yamaha DX-7. TG33, Logic Pro, NI plugs, Arturia plugs etc etc

France is a a very good surprise for us.

The last world cup was a shame and a disastear.

The coach left the bad boys at home,and build a group with talentuous young players.

In fact everybody play well and run with humility, and everybody can score...

Maybe it´s not as solid to win the cup(against some experiented team like brazil and argentina,or germany..),but it.s fresh and full of hope for the future.

And we have some of the best young players we can find(varane,maybe the best young defensor in the world,or pogba)

Nord stage 2 EX88,Nord electro 5D,roland RD800,Roland FA08,Korg kingkorg,Korg PA4x,Yamaha PSR s970

Native instrument maschine studio et komplete 10.

Wow, I actually felt that Iran deserved the win there. In a way, I think the ref sort of screwed them out of it, too, unsurprisingly.

But Messi's goal was absolutely incredible! What are the odds of a shot like that hitting target?

But Messi's goal was absolutely incredible!

seriously, and in stoppage time nonetheless. Iran's goalie didn't have a good look as 2 of his defenders were in his line of sight, but the ball had so much movement on it that he may not have gotten to it anyway. Superb.

Argentina looked lethargic today. Iran played a good defensive and counter attacking game. I'm ambivalent about the no call on Zabaleta's foul in the box. I could see it going either way, but in the end if the ref thought he got any part of the ball, then no PK.

aL

Gear: Yamaha MODX8, Mojo 61, NS2 73, C. Bechstein baby grand.

Wow, Ghana seriously worked that game! I fully expected Germany to have this, but very happy to see that Ghana still has a chance to advance. Shame they'll have to miss Muntari for the crucial match against Portugal.

Wow, Ghana seriously worked that game! I fully expected Germany to have this, but very happy to see that Ghana still has a chance to advance. Shame they'll have to miss Muntari for the crucial match against Portugal.

Ghana are strong and relentless. Although rooting for Germany of course, I wasn't expecting Ghana to lose 2 in a row. As for Muntari, he earned the right to miss the next game. Neither yellow card he got was soft.

Missed the games this weekend, but boy! What results! My jaw dropped when I saw the french and costa rican scores!

Messi is finally winning games by himself for Argentina. Whether or not they win the big prize, he can at least shut some people up.

Did anyone catch the Gervinho goal a couple days ago? Superb individual effort.

Dzeko got robbed against Nigeria.

Wow, USA played really well today. Unfortunate about that last-minute goal.

Gotta love Klinsmann: "We need to beat Germany, and that's what we're gonna do."

AMAZING game between the US and Portugal. Ronaldo proved that he has the ability to be dangerous up until the final second. A heart-stopping match.

Who says a game that ends in a tie can't be exciting?

Bring on the Germans! :)

Michael

Montage 8, Logic Pro X, Omnisphere, Diva, Zebra 2, etc.

Wow, I just saw the final score - must have been an incredible match! I shall look forward to watching the highlights this evening.

This has been an incredibly entertaining group stage!

James

x

Wow, USA played really well today. Unfortunate about that last-minute goal.

Gotta love Klinsmann: "We need to beat Germany, and that's what we're gonna do."

:thu: good attitude

tough game for me to watch. I want Germany and USA to advance

Great attitude indeed, but couldn't Germany and USA just see-out a 0-0 draw in order to guarantee that they both qualify for the next round?

Great attitude indeed, but couldn't Germany and USA just see-out a 0-0 draw in order to guarantee that they both qualify for the next round?

expect that to happen. no tackles, no injuries, "we will see each other on another day" attitude. Klinsman is just talking it up for the press.

been a nice tournement..not too many duff matches, plenty of scoring, some really cracking matches....

NORD STAGE 2, IPAD 2 with lots of soft syths

Roland td9 expanded

Guitars, basses, Pod Xtl, GT-10b

Garritan, Reason, Symphonic Choirs , Cubase, Sibelius

Three shelter cats

Germany against USA - Löw against Klinsmann ... but they are friends....

We will see. I think it will be a hard match for us Germans again. But

hopefully they learned from the match against Ghana.

I think Löw should replace Khedira for Schweinsteiger and Özil for Schürrle or Podolski.

0-0 -> I dont't think so...

Studio: Hammond XK5-XLK5,  Roland Fantom 8, Prophet 5, Roland SE02, Neo Vent, HX3-Expander, Yamaha Montage M7

Live: Yamaha CP88, Hammond SKX Pro, Hammond XB2-HX3,  Roland Fantom 07, Roland SA1000, Neo Vent

THAT is how it's done!

Holland upped its defensive ante and played the waiting game. Lens and Sneijder were obviously not on top of things, so the subs were really well chosen, as evidenced by the goals.

Hup Holland!

THAT is how it's done!

Holland upped its defensive ante and played the waiting game. Lens and Sneijder were obviously not on top of things, so the subs were really well chosen, as evidenced by the goals.

Hup Holland!

Yeah!!! Hup Holland hup!

Rudy

Archived