Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New (used) gear day

desertbluesman

On a private forum that descended from the Cakewalk forums, some guy was selling some of his old gear, so I grabbed a Blues Driver (Boss BD-2) for twenty bucks. I have wanted one for my road pedal board for the longest time, now I got one. It looks hardly used. I use it for boost and tone control for my one (noiseless) single coil instrument. I already have one in my house pedal board but that one never leaves the house. Way cool for the little bucks.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Excellent. Enjoy! Do something nuts with it that you wouldn't usually do with such a pedal and tell us all about it sometime. :) Hide a one dollar coin taped or cushioned inside with a note for some future owner to find. :cool: You can then say that it's a great pedal especially as you have so little money in it! :rimshot::laugh:

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Now ship it off to Keeley and get their mods done to it, they are REALLY worth it.

A buddy did this, and it did improve the pedal from damned good to really, really damned good.

Now ship it off to Keeley and get their mods done to it, they are REALLY worth it.

A buddy did this, and it did improve the pedal from damned good to really, really damned good.

I, like desertbluesman, scored a BBD at a pawn shop for cheap. $25 :) Does that Keely mod really make that much of a difference?

Les Paul Studio Deluxe, '74 Guild S100, '64 Strat, JCM 900 Combo, Peavey Classic 30 1x12, Peavey Classic 30 Head, CBG

I only use mine for a boost and EQ'ing for my Fender noiseless single coil style guitar. It works excellently for boosting power, fattening up, and darkening the single coil sound, which I have never been an ardent fan of.

I have been using Humbucking pups for my whole playing life since 1964. I do like several aspects of the single coil sound, especially for rhythm guitar, and that "between" pup sound using the middle with either end pup for clean leads and chords.

I may Keeley it however just to see what that is all about. I don't use the pedal for overdrive at all, just output boost and EQ.

Here is a decent demo of what the Keeley Mod sounds like. I like this demo because there is no talking, just a demo of clean amp, then BD2, then BD2 with Keeley switch one way, and then switch the other way, at different gain levels.

I sold mine awhile back, but I think I prefer the stock version after listening to the video as it sounds cleaner to me...but if you're into more overdrive, I can see why many players would like the Keeley...
Take care, Larryz

Archived