Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Dean Zelinsky Guitars - Feedback?

LeftyBlues

I was checking out his new zero friction necks via the ad link on the forum today, and for the price they appear to be pretty nice instruments. Anyone own one, played one? I'm tempted...
I was born at night but I wasn't born last night...

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Lefty - About two months ago my best friend Jack asked me for advice about buying a nice strat style guitar. He told me what he wanted to spend and I started looking around for him. Then I remembered someone had posted a pic of a Dean Zelinsky and I thought it looked pretty sweet and I've also heard good things about them. I sent him a link to their website and he ordered the Tagliare with vintage sunburst finish and a rosewood fretboard with the Z-Glide neck.

He'd been battling an illness for some time and sadly passed away within a few days of receiving the guitar - about 3 weeks ago.

Anyway, he left me this guitar, and I'm sure that was his intention when he ordered it. Thank You my friend.

The guitar is beautiful. Very nice build quality although the frets will need a little work - couple of buzzes. But the tone is absolutely killer. The pick ups are a little hot, but I like em. Once I have my friend Charley at GC Garage in Ocala set it up and level some frets, this thing is gonna rock. I haven't had a chance to gig with it yet - so I haven't come to a verdict on the Z-Glide yet, but I will let you know after some hot, sweaty outdoor gigs. I'll post some pics when I have a chance.

Anyway, I'll be playing for my buddy Jack every time I gig with this baby. RIP Jack.

SEHpicker

The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

May your friend rest, not in peace, but in the R&R you play in his honor.

I've been looking at the DZPL Tagliares for a while- it may have been me who posted the first pix here- but I haven't pulled the trigger. Reviews seem to be pretty positive, overall, and they must be selling pretty well. They've added the bridge humbucker option to the Tagliare, and there are new finishes available as well.

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

May your friend rest, not in peace, but in the R&R you play in his honor.

That's a beautiful sentiment, Danny. @SEH, my sincere condolences on the passing of your friend. Danny's right on target with his comment. He will live on through your music. I think that musical instruments have souls and can store energy from their owner.

When one of the musical greats passes on like Ray Charles, Doc Watson etc., as soon as I hear the news I immediately play their music on my music system. If I don't own any of their music, I buy some and until the recordings arrive from Amazon, I trust in YouTube (Thanks again to Bro. Larry for turning me on to YouTube). They'll live forever through their music.

@Lefty, Sorry I don't know anything at all about D.Z. guitars.

If you play cool, you are cool.

Picker, my sympathies to you sir for the loss of your best friend. Thanks for your input on the Zelinsky guitars, I like the fact that (like Carvin) you can send it back if you don't care for it.
I was born at night but I wasn't born last night...

Thanks Guys for the kind sentiments. Jack is smiling.

I dropped of the Tagliare this afternoon to my buddy Charlie Suber at GC. After he has worked his magic I will start using the Tagliare in place of my custom shop Strat when gigging.

I will be reporting back after playing it for a while.

On another note - I want to share a great story with you guys - my bass player, Robert, works for an air conditioning company here in Florida. One of his techs went out on a job last week to an older woman's home - after he finished the repair work she asked him if he was a musician and he said no but my supervisor is a bass player - she said well it's probably nothing but my late husband worked for a music store in NJ back in the 50s and this little thingy has been in a storage box ever since - you can have it if you want it. The tech saw "Fender" on the box and said he'd give it to Robert.

Robert took one look and said Holy S#%T - a set of new-in-the-box Stratocaster pick ups. They'd never even been removed from the box. The box was very yellowed but pristine - He knew they were old because the box said: Fender Musical Instrument Company - which he knew made them pre-1963. They were vintage 1959. Robert took them to GC and the manager offered him $1800 on the spot. Robert said no - instead - and here's the best part - Robert and the tech returned them to the old woman, who, as it turned out, really needed the money - she sat down and cried.

Cool story huh?

SEHpicker

The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

Archived