Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Any Cory Henry Fans?

ABECK

After recently learning about Snarky Puppy (from right on this forum!), I've started to really get into Cory Henry. Man, this kid is amazing. Check out his CD - Gotcha Now Doc. His Hammond tone is just so damned fat! And, among other things he is so effective with his use of the expression pedal. The thing that really strikes me is in pretty much every Youtube clip I've watched, he is always smiling. Man, that's great to see.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
Henry's new solo album "First Steps" now available on iTunes.

Very different from his previous. Sounds closer to Snarky Puppy. I'll reserve judgment until I've had time to soak it in more. First impression: Where's the Hammond!?

First impression: Where's the Hammond!?

I saw Snarky Puppy a month ago and was surprised not to see a B3 on stage. That night Mr. Henry's newest axe of choice was a Wurlitzer 200. I'm going to see them again in September at a different venue. We'll see what's on stage that night.

:nopity:

Henry's new solo album "First Steps" now available on iTunes.

Very different from his previous. Sounds closer to Snarky Puppy. I'll reserve judgment until I've had time to soak it in more. First impression: Where's the Hammond!?

Likewise, I don't know what I think of it yet. Also need to soak it in. I heard hammond in one of the later tracks and it was tasty...was his last album hammond based?

Nord E4 SW73

Yamaha MODX7

Mainstage 3

Archived