Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

FA-08 has arrived..

miden

Just been playing with it for an hour or so...I cannot understand the complaints about the keybed..it plays rather nicely even without the three-way tweaking function.

Sound is really good even through the mono system I run..

HUGE thanks to dB - I was umming and ahhing over the FA8, Krome 88 and Kurz PC3K7 - but it was his video demos

that tipped me over the edge. Well presented and accurate.

I am very glad I ditched the PX-5S while there was still a good market (ie before the next model). The dealer said they kept selling every one they got in, and the feedback was very high and positive.

Early days, but I think this is the keeper. I got it for a great price too $1800 AUD (about $1650 USD).

The FA forum is quite active too, so that's another good sign.

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry? I sold the PX, didn't return it. You know as well as I do (I think) the return policies of stores in Oz and an assume NZ too...No returns for change of mind :)

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

my experience is Roland keyboard gear has a shelf life.

IMO, you should check the pulse of the marketplace during Jan NAMM 2015, then 1 year from now. Simply to protect your $ .

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

Congrats! I love the way the keybed feels. I did tweak the settings a bit, but it didn't take me long to get it just where I wanted to. It is really a great sounding board and very easy to get around on.

Yes Abeck - that is what I am finding as well :)

I was just reading through the manual and apparently you can record your 1-16 tracks of midi data in the sequencer but THEN the FA will render all the tracks to audio for transfer to the DAW...not a mixdown into a stereo pair, individual tracks!

Now that is cool :D

It is an interesting instrument. There are somethings I thought are simple that it will not do yet it has a ton of unique features at it's price point that nothing else can touch. I have the 06. Are you on the Facebook group?

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

HUGE thanks to dB - I was umming and ahhing over the FA8, Krome 88 and Kurz PC3K7 - but it was his video demos
that tipped me over the edge. Well presented and accurate.

Thank you, sir! :wave:

As mentioned in another thread, I had only just seen that instrument for the first time about a half hour or so before we began shooting that video, which shows just how easy it is to pick up moving around on it.

Glad you're digging your 08!

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

It is an interesting instrument. There are somethings I thought are simple that it will not do yet it has a ton of unique features at it's price point that nothing else can touch. I have the 06. Are you on the Facebook group?

Thanks CEB, but no, I don't "do" Facebook. It still worries me from a security p.o.v. Although friends have told me it is getting better.

Archived