Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Arturia Keylab 88

vonnor

An important thing to note for those really fussy about the weight is that this keyboard is NOT 28 lbs, as advertised. It's actually about 33-34 lbs (I weighed it because it felt heavier than 28lbs). This should really be corrected on the Arturia website and various on line stores.

I did some searching and found a couple of sites that listed the net weight at 22kg which would be 45.5 pounds which is probably the shipping weight? Wish there some consistency... Annoying! :rolleyes:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From KB Mag Review, seems odd they wouldn't pick up on this if it's really over 30 lbs.

And speaking of girth, its worth mentioning that at just over 28 pounds, the KeyLab 88 is the lightest fully weighted, 88-key controller on the marketa virtual flyweight compared to 88-key controllers from other manufacturers that squash the scales 60 pounds or more.

Definitely keeping my eye on this one, I think a controller is my next purchase.

Steinway L, Yamaha Motif XS-8, NE3 73, Casio PX-5S, iPad, EV ZLX 12-P ZZ(x2), bunch of PA stuff.

I played one recently, though it wasn't hooked up to a sound source. The aftertouch made it feel slightly better than the TP100 in the Electro HP and Artis, but it also seemed heavy, like it would be a chore to play. Unless you absolutely have to have a weighted 88 with DAW integration, I can't think of a reason to choose it over the aforementioned ES100.

Archived