Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

XK-3c + Motif ES Rack question

lpaasikko

Hello Forum members..

I would be grateful if someone could help me with following problem:

I am using XK3c as a controller for a Motif ES Rack and would like to control XK3c internal volume with a EXP-100 pedal and Motif volume with a Yamaha FC-7 pedal which is inserted in second EXP. PEDAL jack of the XK3c.

Have tried to assign EXP-100 to send MIDI Expression data (Midi Command # 11) and FC-7 to send Volume data (#07) + assign Motif to recognize only the latter but with no luck..

Would someone tell me if this possible to accomplish and how?

Thank You in advance..

Kawai MP7, Hammond XK-3c, Kurzweil PC3K8 (Kore64), Kurzweil PC3K7 (Kore64), Yamaha Motif XS Rack, Yamaha Motif ES Rack, Roland BK-7m, Excelsior 960, Hammon/Suzuki Melodion 44 HP

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You can't do that. The XK-3c can only have one expression source at a time. You can turn an external zone on and have it send CC07 but the EXP-100 would raise and lower both instruments simultaneously.

That's what I was afraid of.. thank You for the rapid answer :)

Has anybody come up with more elegant solution for this situation than using a potentiometer volume pedal (like Roland FV-500L) for the rack module?

Kawai MP7, Hammond XK-3c, Kurzweil PC3K8 (Kore64), Kurzweil PC3K7 (Kore64), Yamaha Motif XS Rack, Yamaha Motif ES Rack, Roland BK-7m, Excelsior 960, Hammon/Suzuki Melodion 44 HP

Couldn't you get one of those boxes that will convert the pedal change into a MIDI signal and connect the XK-3c's MIDI out and the converter box's MIDI out to a MIDI Merge box? Don't the FC-7 and the FV-500L work the same way? Aren't they both pot based?

Thank You both - I will try the Pedal Controller..

Archived