Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

PX-5S Music Rest

tomson

Thanks for all the creative and clever ideas. They give me confidence that I can solve the problem fairly easily. I like the transparent and low profile rests that come with some pianos and I have one for a CP33 that I could readily adapt to my Onstage Z stand.

There's a lotta creativity here!

Okay I just took mine apart. You definitely do NOT want to try and remove the strip. The slot for the music rest is under there. However, not is it only held down by the spacers at each end of the panel, it's held in place by a super strong adhesive strip.

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh58/escaperocks1/pxpaint12_zps53dd13b7.jpg

You have to remove the panel. Then you have to remove the volume knob circuit board to get to one of the spacer screws.

I do NOT recommend this. Unless you're crazy like me :crazy:

David

Gig Rig:Depends on the day :thu:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True, but I hate having a mic stand in front; I want it to the side, with a boom. I have never understood how a keyboard player could stand to have a mic stand in front, but some manage it! I move around too much, and need to be able to swing the arm in, out, up, and down as needed. But I'd want a music stand front and center, not off to the side.

My solution has always been to use a separate music stand, but I keep losing them. :-(

I don't think there would be holes, as the PX-350 doesn't have holes - just a slot.
Right. Here's the part that fits into the long slot:

http://www.keyboardstoday.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/privia_holder_lg.gif

You'd have to make a cut most of the length of the strip.

I wonder what they were thinking when they designed that strip to do very little other than block the music stand slot. Do they think that pro players would pass on the PX-5S if it had a slot in the top?

Regardless, as much as I gripe about it, I wouldn't normally use it live since I'd have another keyboard above a PX5S anyway.

Do they think that pro players would pass on the PX-5S if it had a slot in the top?

Regardless, as much as I gripe about it, I wouldn't normally use it live since I'd have another keyboard above a PX5S anyway.

+1 (on both counts). I think covering up the slot was a rather pointless exercise, and when I'm using the PX-5S solo, it's a lot easier to shove a Casio rest into the bag rather than carrying a separate free-standing music rest, or a mic stand and attachments. And, depending on the keyboard stand being used, it can be quite difficult to get a stand in close behind the board, despite its shallow profile.

Okay I just took mine apart. You definitely do NOT want to try and remove the strip. The slot for the music rest is under there. However, not is it only held down by the spacers at each end of the panel, it's held in place by a super strong adhesive strip

Thanks for the info. It's really useful to know that, as I was considering trying to pry the strip off. Not any more... ;)

Archived