Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

K2x00 Mass Storage

Tom Williams

A few months ago, I got a friend to extract some Kurzweil farm programs to a couple of 3.5" floppies for my K2500 rack module. Now I have a K2600 keyboard, and I would like to do more of that on my own.

The K2500 Rack unit has an internal SCSI drive. If I read screens right, the K2600 keyboard has a SCSI connector, but no internal HD.

Both the rack and the keyboard have a floppy drive and a SCSI connector. What's the better bet: get a SCSI-to-USB adapter and cable(s), or get a floppy-to-USB adapter and floppies?

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had no trouble downloading programs from the Kurzweil website, transferring them to floppy using a USB to floppy, and then loading them in the unit, so I'd recommend floppy. If you're reusing the same floppy each time you want to reload new sounds, make sure you format it each time.

Good luck.

The best bet is USB floppy.

For larger files, you'll want to get a SCSI ZIP drive and a USB ZIP drive to get stuff on and off the computer. I use ZIP drives on some of my theater shows that still use the old K25/26 boards. I got some funny looks while taking the SCSI drives through customs for Jesus Christ Superstar in Brazil back in Feb.

Note - there is no viable USB-SCSI adapter out there. Trust me, I've looked!

If you get stuck on anything, contact Kurz support. Be sure to check the Knowledge Base link on this page - lots of helpful stuff in there.

http://kurzweil.com/support/

Archived