Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

M. Molenda is as responsive as a tree stump

Fred_C

Over the past three years or so, I've sent MM 3 emails/PM's on various topics. The most recent was on 2/1/14 regarding his review of the Airline Jupiter Pro hollow body. He has yet to answer or even acknowledge any of my requests for more information. I guess he's too busy and/or too important to bother.

I am reminded of the old business saying, "This job wouldn't be too bad, if it weren't for those pesky customers."

If you play cool, you are cool.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

to be fair, editor boy is a gigging, working musician like many of us are.

to be able to keep up on the net just with MY stuff, i'd need days to be 12 weeks long... considering his work load (ha!) i'd cut him a little slack, or post a scathing gripe in the editor's forum.

if memory served, i did get a reply from mike there once when i wrote a suggestion/bitchfest/whatever it was i did.

to be fair, editor boy is a gigging, working musician like many of us are.

to be able to keep up on the net just with MY stuff, i'd need days to be 12 weeks long... considering his work load (ha!) i'd cut him a little slack, or post a scathing gripe in the editor's forum.

if memory served, i did get a reply from mike there once when i wrote a suggestion/bitchfest/whatever it was i did.

Hey Jimi,

I have cut him slack. As I stated, I've communicated with him times over at least 3 years without the common courtesy of a response or even an acknowledgement such as: "Fred, I'm busy as hell and really don't have time to answer emails/PM's" I would have been satisfied with that.

As far as the Editor's Forum goes, it's a "black hole". Posts go in, but never come out again. Posting on the Editor's Forum is IMO a complete waste of time.

Maybe one of his helpers will read about it here and come up with a canned response message like to: [insert name] "I'm busy as hell and really don't have the time to answer emails/PM's"...at least you'll know you got through to his staff...
Take care, Larryz

[font:Comic Sans MS]Sorry, Fred, I just felt like being a smar tass...[/font]

........................................ ;)

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

In truth, I've noticed that the Editor's Office Forum has become a veritable ghost town, complete with tumbleweeds and drifters but no sheriff, deputies, or barkeeps. And magazine Staff and contributors posting and interaction there and here on the GPF seems to be at an all-time low, and has for some time now. That's too bad, it didn't used to be that way. And the effective cold-shoulder that you,. Fred, have apparently been getting is rather dismissive and lacking.

Welcome to the future.

Staff is that thing of life that bread used to be, before there was gluten intolerance. Staff-as in personnel who can respond to you, is a quaint concept from another era. So is the notion that there`s something to replace it. There isn`t.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

Welcome to the future.

Staff is that thing of life that bread used to be, before there was gluten intolerance. Staff-as in personnel who can respond to you, is a quaint concept from another era. So is the notion that there`s something to replace it. There isn`t.

Hey Skip,

This so eloquently written that it borders on being poetic.

Nice!

Over the past three years or so, I've sent MM 3 emails/PM's on various topics. The most recent was on 2/1/14 regarding his review of the Airline Jupiter Pro hollow body. He has yet to answer or even acknowledge any of my requests for more information. I guess he's too busy and/or too important to bother.

I am reminded of the old business saying, "This job wouldn't be too bad, if it weren't for those pesky customers."

Hey Fred, I don't know if it will work but try scrolling down past the GP Editors and posting this on the "Letters to the Editors" forum...There is a staff member there named Anderton that seems to respond from time to time and there are polls which ask for additional comments...might work? :idk

Take care, Larryz

Welcome to the future.

Hey Skip,

Nice!

Thanks Fred! no one is paying me to write these days but I`m more than happy to throw down for the cause :D

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

Welcome to the future.

Hey Skip,

Nice!

Thanks Fred! no one is paying me to write these days but I`m more than happy to throw down for the cause :D

Right on, Brother!

This might be an avenue of opportunity for you to get some satisfaction:

Guitar Player[/i] magazine]For 2014, "Rant of the Month" has become "If I were Editor". Now, you get to share your wisdom within a more focused and productive way about a specific element you'd like to change about GP. Take my job! Make the magazine better! Send your ideas to mmolenda@musicplayer.com with the subject line, "If I Were Editor". Due to space constraints, we can only handle around 100 words. .-- MICHAEL MOLENDA

@Caevan,

I just emailed the text below to mmolenda@musicplayer.com.

"If I were editor I would make some attempt to respond to subscribers who contact me with specific questions regarding reviews or articles Ive written, rather than ignoring them completely."

Sent from Windows Mail

@Caevan,

I just emailed the text below to mmolenda@musicplayer.com.

"If I were editor I would make some attempt to respond to subscribers who contact me with specific questions regarding reviews or articles Ive written, rather than ignoring them completely."

Sent from Windows Mail

Aaaaaaaah! Good. Let me know, keep us posted, about any replies or the like.

@Caev,

Truth be told, I don't expect a reply to this email either.

Maybe someone's been shooting down his messenger ravens...

@Caev,

Truth be told, I don't expect a reply to this email either.

Maybe someone's been shooting down his messenger ravens...

More than likely they're shooting down his carrier pigeons! LOL!

Take care, Larryz

I agree both w/ the comments that running the mag(s)/forums/site & all + working outside & tryna grab a meal or some sleep keeps MM busy AND ALSO with the comments that the Ed's Office Forum often garners little response [check my comments there abt some mistakes in a recent issue].

I will; also point out that complaints that seem to take on a snide character are less likely to get helpful responses than those that start, for example, "I know your v. busy but this is important to me..."

As Pirate Billy says, "A smile's the best way to get what y'want".

Lastly --- & I hate suggesting this b/c it plays into a social trend I dislike --- reaching out via Twitter or Facebook may elicit contact more quickly.

While I'm not there myself yet (although as I get my marketing engine geared up I'll have to fall in line), that's really the way alotta folks roll these days...& if you've noticed the mag's comments sections over the past couple yrs, that's the way they seem to be going.

d=halfnote

Archived