Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Multiple EQ Settings

gcbin

I was just wondering how others handle something like this. I have a digital piano with controls for bass and treble. Sometimes this goes into a Mackie mixer with graphic eq and 3 band eq on each channel. Then this signal goes into powered speakers which each have 3 band eq. How do you handle eq settings between components in the chain. Thanks!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my boards generally EQ setting are handled within the patch parameters. I try to run everything outside the Keyboard flat and EQ with the instrument. If i have speaker that is not tuned well I will compensate for the speaker deficiency with off board EQ.

I want what goes to the PA to sound like what I am monitoring on stage.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Theoretically, the EQ in the keyboard should be used to balance out patches when monitored by the most transparent monitors. From there, it the speaker should be EQ'd to compensate for its own deficiencies. Likewise, FOH should EQ for the deficiencies of that system.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Archived