Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Could it Ever Get Better Than This? Cab Calloway

HammondDave

Just watch the whole thing... Amazing! Love the piano! Great arrangement, and I have never seen dancers so athletic in my life. The sax section looks a tad nervous as they jumped over them. The end is quite impressive.

[video:youtube]

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The two dancers dressed in tails were the incomparable Nicholas Brothers. Their routines were obviously extremely strenuous and they made it look easy,usually while wearing a smile. They appeared in a handful of movie musicals.

There is a Youtube video using the footage of Cab's zoot suited dancers synced to audio of Bunny Sigler's Let The Good Times Roll which is pretty cool too.

Somehow I issued all this in my film history. What amazing music, dancing, and cinematography.

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

There was a vid up on YouTube several years ago of the Nicholas Bros doing a similar act to First I Look at the Purse. Came across it looking for a vid of J Geils doing that song live. Amazing dancers.

A misguided plumber attempting to entertain | MainStage 3 | Axiom 61 2nd Gen | Pianoteq | B5 | XK3c | EV ZLX 12P

Terrific :thu:

It's something I missed in my education also. I heard the music, but you haven't really heard the music until you've seen the dance. My daughter's jazz team is choreographing a piece for "the Man from Harlem." This is going to be an inspiration for them. (I hope the girls don't do those combined jumps and splits though. Yikes!!) Thanks for sharing this Dave!

Just watch the whole thing... Amazing! Love the piano! Great arrangement, and I have never seen dancers so athletic in my life. The sax section looks a tad nervous as they jumped over them. The end is quite impressive.

[video:youtube]

finally got a chance to watch this. WOW! that had to hurt at the end coming down those steps, looks like they never broke a sweat

:nopity:

The Nicholas brothers were amazing!

Archived