Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Quest for the perfect stand OR how I addeded a 2nd tier

HAMEGZ

to a QUIK-LOK Z-71ALU.

Ive been through the Z stands, X braces, Tables,Spyders, A frames, etc.

I wanted to try the QUIK-LOK Z-71ALU because its light weight and folds up fairly flat, but I needed a second tier. The matching tier, the Z/2 is no longer available, and a call to Quik Lok customer support brought a response that they now recommend the 726 or the like for a 2 tier solution.

Someone mentioned that the 2nd tier for the Monolith would work, and I have the 2 tier monolith, so I removed them and set about to see if they would fit.

I removed the end caps from the top rail of the ZL1 and the monoliths arms fit perfectly, but there was no way to secure them, since the monolith arms have a welded nut on the top stands that a bolt threaded into and secured the 2nd tier arms.

So I grabbed some hitch pins, drilled a hole into the monolith arms, and there's my solution. There is a slight wobble because its not tight tight, but with a second board on top not enough to worry with.I could probably add something to the 2nd tier to pad the arms to make a tighter fit, bit as of now I don't think I will need to.

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo288/slutelservices/47abfe56-bcbe-4062-be16-195c0ae3bbc9_zpsb1880477.jpg

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo288/slutelservices/e7492f15-0365-4f75-a3e9-e9349b5ec987_zpse311ae96.jpg

SpaceStation V3,

MoxF6,PX5S,Hammond-SK2,Artis7,Stage2-73,

KronosX-73,MS Pro145,Ventilator,OB DB1,Lester K

Toys: RIP died in the flood of 8/16 1930 Hammond AV, 1970s Leslie 145, 1974 Rhodes Stage

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great solution for the two tiered stand dilemma. I was thinking of picking up the Z-71 ALU for a single tier stand, but worried that the bottom brace would be in the way of the pedals when sitting. Do you find it to be an issue. Do you know the dimensions when folded?

Thanks,

Bill

Nord Stage 3 Compact, Korg Kronos 61, Casio PX-5S, Yamaha DXR 10 (2)), Neo Vent, Yamaha MG82cx mixer and too many stands to name.

Great solution for the two tiered stand dilemma. I was thinking of picking up the Z-71 ALU for a single tier stand, but worried that the bottom brace would be in the way of the pedals when sitting. Do you find it to be an issue. Do you know the dimensions when folded?

Thanks,

I just received it yesterday, so will try it seated with a board. I am thinking the space will be a little tight for pedals, Ill take some pix later

Bill

SpaceStation V3,

MoxF6,PX5S,Hammond-SK2,Artis7,Stage2-73,

KronosX-73,MS Pro145,Ventilator,OB DB1,Lester K

Toys: RIP died in the flood of 8/16 1930 Hammond AV, 1970s Leslie 145, 1974 Rhodes Stage

Archived