Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Band New beginnings

BluesKeys

My friends, I have landed a job after about a month. I had a lot of offers from part time bands but found that the full time bands were just not available. So I took the next best thing a GREAT sounding part time band that is working about 80 dates a year. Not what I need or had money wise but with the solo work I hope to fill up the calendar. Thanks for you guys support, it has been a long road it seems but I am calling this... Living The Dream Part 2

CHECK THEM OUT!!! Tell me what you think

www.themaineventband.com

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good news, Jimmy.

Based out of Greenville - there's some good BBQ right there in Greenville (and Kinston, and Goldsboro).

Keep on with the solo work also.

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

Congrats in picking up the new gig BK. I knew you would land on your feet. Keep up the solo work too. No MIDI tracks (audio files are OK). :laugh::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Thanks Six string

thanks Jim I used to live in Greenville and I know B's BBQ well.

Reezekeys, fortunately this band does mostly festivals and private parties. So the money per job will be higher than club bands. But I was used to 200+ dates a year and a salary regardless, so I am needing more work to keep up my income level.

ProfD, I think I picked the right one out of the pack. Great sound, professional work ethics and some great players. I have picked up about 300 midi files and almost as many mp3 files from a local keyboard player who is using a Roland G-70 arranger now. I have to say when he played the arranger for me it was pretty darn good. He is a playah and has learned the simplicity of its functions. Might get me one ProfD just might!!!lol

Guys PLEASE listen to the clips on the website below and tell me what you think

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.jimmyweaver.com

Sounds great, Jimmy! They'll be even better with you.

I do hear 3 horns and 2 guitars in the recordings, though -- I hope they don't expect you to play the bone parts! At least you have two real horns.

Regarding the MIDI files, are they expecting you to be the utility outfielder?

no Jeff, I am what I am with the band I do cover a bone part here and there and some string lines. But for the most part Piano, Organ and Synth parts. Lots of material i have never covered and I am loving it.

Thanks Guys

Jimmy

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.jimmyweaver.com

Congrats, BluesKeys. :thu:

I can't get that page to come up properly in IE or Chrome.

I think I broke the internet. :freak:

Wait... No I didn't... I went to the band's FaceBook page and low & behold, there you are. :laugh:

I've heard of that band. Don't they often play for Gentlemen's Delite :love: and other "Membership Only" ;) clubs around the Ft. Bragg area?

Do they funk? :snax:

1551465_10152168113363462_5906157599377472245_n.jpg

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Congrats on the gig, Jimmy! Best wishes in the future!

I guess I missed it, but whatever happened to the Embers gig? (If you feel like sharing.)

There were rumors for several months that The Embers were talking to Craig Woolard, their former lead singer. He had left and started his own band 10 yrs ago. He was doing very well working 200+ dates a year, with his wife booking them. Long story short the Embers lead singer Wayne Free was not happy and it was showing on stage so the owner of the Embers made Craig a deal he couldn't pass up. Five year contract for stupid money (there is a sponsor behind the scene with big bucks). Craig shut his band down and brought his keyboard player (10yrs in Craigs band and 7 yrs they were in the Embers) with him so I was the odd man out. Nothing to do with me just a product of change. But hey, we move on and reinvent ourselves. So this part time band working 70-90 dates a year wants to take it up a notch to maybe 100-150 dates and in the mean time I really go after my solo work again. It all works out, and thanks for asking.

Jimmy

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.jimmyweaver.com

Itgitc, thanks for the plug... not sure about those places you speak of but the big Rocky Mount party that no one knows about... Mens Night Out... They have played several times. Very tight band with some very good players. The band has been around for 25 years and stayed at the edge of the Beach music scene but plays a lot of newer material which has been a good challenge for me.

Can they Funk. I guarantee they funk NOW that the FUNK myster has joined up. Get the funk out of my life GET THE FUNK, OUTOF MY LIFE , get the funk out of my life

Jimmy

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.jimmyweaver.com

Archived