Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Wayne Linsey's American Idol keyboard rig

zephonic

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not surprised that Wayne is using an A-70 as his second tier controller; speaks volumes. The Motif XF8 is also a great, 88-key control and sound source - though it appears most of its duty is controlling Ivory in the Receptor.

Speaking of which, the Receptor and new, rack-style interface is very slick. I've been using a Receptor Trio as a MIDI module - a DAW sound expander with my Mac Mini (still have to get with Muse CS on Uniwire for the newer Receptors). Would be fun on a solid, live gig though. Lots of power, and flexibility in that piece of kit.

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

nice rig for sure!

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

Interesting how he thanks all of the manufacturers for giving him the stuff. If makes me wonder if he's using what he's using because it is what he chose, or because it was given to him.

In the end, it kinda sounds like he's using mostly software instruments.

Michael

Montage 8, Logic Pro X, Omnisphere, Diva, Zebra 2, etc.

Basically, I modified my rig from the tonight show. There, I used the M3 instead of the A70 which I've had for years. The Motif & Nord lead 3 were a part of the tonight show rig as well. I used an Electro 3 instead of the stage 2 on Leno. I contacted the manufacturers of the gear I wanted to use but didn't own, & they were kind enough to send me some loaners. I would never use gear just because it was free....lol!!! The needs of the gig come first. Oh, I do use the motif for most of my el. Pianos. Thanks for the feedback!!!

Hey fellas,

Thanks for the welcome!!!!

Ap? Acoustic Piano? I have the Italian, German, & Bosendorfer

Libraries installed for Ivory. I use various ones, depending on the song.

Imperial hall & Italian grand gets used a lot. I use the warm Bosendorfer for some of the more sensitive applications.

Interacting directly with Wayne is the great thing about this forum. Thanx for coming by. Your rig is great, but your playing is great too-its good that the two go together
Be grateful for what you've got - a Nord, a laptop and two hands

Archived