Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Dan and others from St. Lou - Cinco De Mayo

CEB

Anyone familiar with a large outdoor Cinco De Mayo celebration at St. Louis.

Just curious about how well it is ran and things like band parking, stage access etc...

Thanks

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone familiar with a large outdoor Cinco De Mayo celebration at St. Louis.

Just curious about how well it is ran and things like band parking, stage access etc...

Thanks

I don't know of any one single celebration that stands out - there are LOTs of mini celebrations that go on all over town. Even some of the Mexican chain restaurants will fence off their parking lot and put up an outdoor stage.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

I had never heard of big single celebration in the Lou.

My first gig with the new band got bumped up from May 17th to May 3rd. Playing for about an hour opening for a National touring act on May 3rd I guess ..... I don't know who it is.

Do you know where?

You're off by a couple days...that would be Tres De Mayo ;)

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

No. Our timbales player said what part of town but I forgot. I guess it is one of the more Hispanic areas 'where all the good Mexican resturaunts are'. I just play keys, I don't have anything to do with the business side.

No. Our timbales player said what part of town but I forgot. I guess it is one of the more Hispanic areas 'where all the good Mexican resturaunts are'. I just play keys, I don't have anything to do with the business side.

Maybe Cherokee street - pretty large Mexican population there. Kind of a rough part of town...slightly south of downtown.

Dan

Yep. That is it. I just got confirmation. They have a web page. The lead vocal and myself are new. He doesn't speak Spanish. He learned the vocal phoenetically. It sounds OK to me be this could be scary sings stuff you don't understand. LOL!

http://cincodemayostl.com/music.html

Don't want the singer to pull one of these.

[video:youtube]

• 3 weeks later...

Well I guess we are playing 6:30-7:45. But on none of the stages listed on the website. This is supposed to be a bigger stage and we are opening for a national act (it is my experience that this National act stuff can mean anything). This stage is supposed to be at Ohio and Cherokee.

Who knows could be a resturaut beer garden. I hope they have a lot of room because we are huge. Trap kit player plays a Ludwig double bass rig, one man on a full set of Timbales, another on a full set of congas and bongos. Me on Keys, 3 man horn section, Bass, guitar, and lead vocalist/hand percussist. 10 pieces in all.

This might be cool. It might be an ameateur promoter bullshit snowjob. I have no idea. It bothers me I can't find any web references to this show. Could be a Spinal Tap moment. LOL!

... Trap kit player plays a Ludwig double bass rig, one man on a full set of Timbales, another on a full set of congas and bongos. Me on Keys, 3 man horn section, Bass, guitar, and lead vocalist/hand percussist. 10 pieces in all.

Sounds like a band I would love to see sometime.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

It is a great band except the keyboard player sucks. A lot of Santana, War, Tower of Power and old Chicago (The stuff Moe would like Feeling Stronger, Make me Smile, ect...).

At first I thought they were a Santana tribute band but ended finding out they did a lot more than just Santana.

... Trap kit player plays a Ludwig double bass rig, one man on a full set of Timbales, another on a full set of congas and bongos. Me on Keys, 3 man horn section, Bass, guitar, and lead vocalist/hand percussist. 10 pieces in all.

Sounds like a band I would love to see sometime.

me too. it's so rare to see a 10 piece band with only one guitar player. awsome :thu:
:nopity:

He is a good one. I would like to do some DiMeola but it would probably run the crowd off.

Maybe it would be OK if we lied and told the the crowd that it was new Santana.

Could be a Spinal tap moment. The webpage for the festival is updated. We are on the Gringo stage and we open for a Burlesque Show.

Here is the the closing act. Might be fun.

http://lolavanella.net/

Archived