Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

NY-NJ instrument donationi drive

_Sweet Willie_

Just a couple of days left, but you can donate instruments thanks to a drive organized by NYC classical station WQXR. I just donated a bass and bass amp today as well as a keyboard and violin for friends.

Click me!

NY/NJ folks -- got anything worth giving?

Peace.

--SW

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have two jazz basses, both in very good shape but with aftermarket necks that would make awesome starter basses for anyone. I think I'll take a drive to Edison tomorrow. I've given away gear to kids before and it feels great. :)
Push the button Frank.

Willie, I saw in the classifieds that you had done this and wanted to comment but the thread is locked up. Just wanted to state you're a class act. Right on Willie!

Wally

I have basses to play, places to be and good music to make!

Thanks, Wally. It actually felt really good, and it was impressive how many folks were coming through to donate instruments just in the short time I was at one of the donation locations. Most definitely lots of parents dropping off a clarinet or trumpet or whatever that their kid had played 10 years before in middle school band. :-)

TODAY is the LAST DAY to donate, New Yorkers and New Jerseyans!

Peace.

spreadluv

Well played, good sir.

Hey Wally, I wonder if this kind of thing might be something that AFM folks could somehow support or promote. I realize that y'all have to have some containment on your agenda, but we're talking about the next generation of members. :-)

Peace.

spreadluv

Willie, it would seem the AFM Locals could do this and believe there are some that already have. The Denver local got involved with a project of sending acoustic guitars to troops overseas. They teamed with a non-profit to do this. It would seem that for schools it would be more local and why I believe this could work better with the Locals doing this.

Wally

I have basses to play, places to be and good music to make!

That is so cool. I had two Jazz basses that I kinda stopped using because I got a couple of somewhat nicer Jazz basses. It makes me happy to think that my two dust gatherers are gonna be some kids' pride and joy. :)

2500 after a set goal of 1000? That is just so cool.

Push the button Frank.

Archived